Washington Mule Deer Scouting

N

ntodwild

Very Good Weekend in the Washington Mountains. Elk and Deer looking extremely healthy. Pretty mild winter. A typical winter here would have had them all looking like the gangly teen in the first photo but for the most part they are all looking pretty good for this time of year.

Enjoy

v+AhgBEsReGXOHeWhd015w.jpgsCoYVKRaTTKTzcCUbKvpKw.jpgIMG_0938.JPGXqLtntHxRleAxScZE6yikQ.jpgIMG_1008.JPG7Q1mBn8WRl2vqor7qZbPFQ.jpg108415IMG_1422.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
wasnt mild in NE WA and most parts of E WA as we received over 60" of snow at my house from feb 5th to March 13 that was at 2,800' places higher up and further north got quite abit more

wasnt mild in NE WA and most parts of E WA as we received over 60" of snow at my house from feb 5th to March 13 that was at 2,800' places higher up and further north got quite abit more

I can imagine NE Washington got hit pretty hard this winter. Central Washington where these photos were taken was not bad. I have been hunting Central/Eastern Washington for over 30 years and I typically don't see this healthy of animals (Elk & Deer) at this time of year (April/May) as I have seen this year. It's strange because Western Washington was hit pretty hard this past winter. with over a foot of snow in the suburbs of Seattle which is not common. The Elk are amazingly healthy looking this year in Central Eastern Washington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back