Washington Antelope

fishing4sanity

Okay, for many of you guys on here a few pics of a couple of young antelope bucks isn't all that exciting, but for me it was an amazing sight. As far as I know antelope had been missing from the state of Washington for 40 years. A few years ago SCI started trying to reintroduce antelope, frustrated with the hoops and red tape from Washington Fish & Game, they ended up working with the Yakama (Yakima) Nation. In January 2011, 99 antelope from Nevada were brought here and released on the reservation. Numbers wise I don't know how the herd is doing, but this morning I got pretty close to these two bucks. Unfortunately I'm no mtmiller and many of my shots were focused on the grass about 20 yards short of the antelope. Anyway, I'm excited to see antelope again in Washington and hope to get a 'shot' at some more with my camera and maybe someday we'll have a huntable population.

Attachments

• ANT_1.jpg
    ANT_1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 799
  • ANT_2.jpg
    ANT_2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 617
  • ANT_3.jpg
    ANT_3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 602
  • ANT_4.jpg
    ANT_4.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 543
  • ANT_5.jpg
    ANT_5.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 623
  • ANT_6.jpg
    ANT_6.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 728
Great to see. Past attempts to release pronghorn in WA included down south in Klickitat and the herd dwindled over the next decade and then were totally gone.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back