Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wanted Lee Factory Crimp Die .300 RUM

mtmuley

Looking for a Lee FCD for .300 RUM. Most vendors have shipping delays so thought I'd see if anybody had one. I would also send payment and shipping if somebody found one local to them. I have some concerns the recoil of my unbraked RUM has the ability to move bullets in the magazine. Haven't noticed anything, but on the Hammer site several Hammer loaders are having good success with a crimp. Thanks, mtmuley

Found one on fsreloading. About 11 bucks plus shipping. Can't hurt to crimp I guess. mtmuley

They solve a ton of issues. I swear by them.
With the baring surface of the Hammers, I think it's a good idea. Recoil mashes the tips of Accubonds a bit. Supposed to be here in three days. Season opens in a bit over a month. Lots to do. mtmuley

I use the Lee crimp die on all my rifle rounds. I think you'll like it.

Only thing I don't like about using the crimp die, is the way it deforms the case mouth. It makes it a little hard to get a clean trim and chamfer after a few loadings.
But it can and most often will, help give a uniform pressure to your loads. Wich can decrease extreme spread on the Chrono.
Personally I haven't had any trouble with bullets seating themselves out of wack from recoil. But the .338 win mag is the largest I load for.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back