Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

walleye recipes

PAGOAT

All my walleye is breaded and fried in a cast pan with a little lard. I'm looking to see what else people like with them. Baked or grilled ? I'm just trying to find something different to do with them.

Last edited:
Some variation of deep frying always. Sometimes a fry batter sometimes a beer batter. Can use pieces to make fish tacos

Another really good option is blackening. I use Paul Prudhomme Blackened Redfish Magic seasoning (in spice aisle at grocery store). Just coat one side heavily and then pan fry in butter. It's great straight up or in a fish sandwich or taco. I started doing this on backcountry fishing trips just because the seasoning goes a lot farther and uses less oil. I usually plan for a fish meal or two and fry em, but if we want some more a ziploc bag full of seasoning mix goes for a ways!

Not sure exactly how to direct you to another page maybe this works (pic from plate em up):

We make pan fry eye tacos with no breading, just some seasoning, guac, hot sauce, and a good slaw for some crunch. Kids love it.

Smoked walleye is good too. Have a buddy who does it with apple juice and some seasoning. Wow is that stuff good on everything. In dip, with crackers, on tacos. Money bags.

I always tell myself I’m going to try something different with walleye but then I kick myself in the rear because it’s just so dam good breaded and pan fried.

Occasionally if I keep a bigger one I will grill the filet.
Thats how I always am but I'm usually getting river fish less than 24" a few weeks ago I was on Lake Ontario and got a couple 28" and the fillets are pretty thick. I thought of cutting them length wise to make them better to fry.

Thank you for all the great recipes. I'll be trying some new recipes for walleye as the winter goes on for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back