Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

WA Pronghorn

fishing4sanity

Washington isn't known for its pronghorn, many people who live here don't even know there are any in the state. I doubt I'll even live long enough to get a "not selected" reply on a WA tag application (if they reach a huntable population), but this is the best one I've seen. Rough looking coat, but what do the goat experts say, is he a tag-notcher?
DSC_1160-1.jpgDSC_1165-3.jpgDSC_1174-5.jpgDSC_1197-7.jpgDSC_1205-8.jpg

There were at one point a not insignificant number of pronghorn in WA, especially central to eastern. It was really in the late 1800s that they declined and were extirpated. Paleozoological evidence suggests that they remained stable prior to settlement. The reintroduction efforts are interesting to follow.

If you take the cutoff from Prosser to Patterson they hang out in the dryland wheat fields up on top. I've seen as many as 20 or so in one group up there.

Every buck I've ever seen has been very mediocre. The picture posted above is by far the best I have ever seen here.

Down in the Umatilla army depot is a different story.

If you take the cutoff from Prosser to Patterson they hang out in the dryland wheat fields up on top. I've seen as many as 20 or so in one group up there.

Every buck I've ever seen has been very mediocre. The picture posted above is by far the best I have ever seen here.

Down in the Umatilla army depot is a different story.
Interesting. The one I saw was west of there along Hwy 97 through the Rez.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back