MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

WA Blacktail

SneakyJake

I had a nice final hunt. Started off trying to get a late season elk, but after one failed stalk on a herd my buddies were itching to get to the snow for some late deer hunting. As soon as we got to the area we were into deer. I passed up some so, so shots looking for a good one and possibly some antlers. I had a nice 4 point following me (lots of juice on). I was up a steep draw in the snow when I heard him in the crunchy snow behind me at twenty yards. He was smelling my boot prints as I turned to draw. I shuffled a little snow and he backed up into the thicker stuff out of sight. Had about 12 more chances between us before I spotted a nice doe 35 yards downhill that I coudn't pass up. I knew I hit her good as she scrambled down the hill. Every time she hit the ground the snow shone bright red. I found her about forty yards from there. Looked like she stopped walked a couple of steps and layed down to sleep. It feels good to make such a clean kill. Until next year I guess.

Attachments

• bluelakedoe06.jpg
    bluelakedoe06.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 277
  • hunting 002.jpg
    hunting 002.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 280
  • petestevebluelake.jpg
    petestevebluelake.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 275
  • hunting 008.jpg
    hunting 008.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 267
Wow....broadhead through the heart.....that'll do the trick! :eek: That's gotta be some good eats, no question about taking her on the last weekend. Congrats!

Sweet shot!!! Late season blacktail is my favorite. I can't get enough of stalking those late-season critters. The snow hunts sure are a lot of fun. I hunt with a group of guys every year just like that.

Nice deer!! Washington Blacktail are my favorite deer and the late season is also my favorite time to hunt! Great job on a beautiful shot too!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back