Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Voters support some roads in roadless areas

The area I like to hunt in has many "old roads" that are closed to motorized travel. Some have been closed long enough to have big trees growing in them, and others are brushed in so bad it's hard to walk them. But I would never consider this area "Roadless".

Flathead County voters have once again shown a lopsided view...

The ballot question, he noted, also provides a strong rebuttal from Flathead County to claims that blanket protections for roadless areas are widely supported by the public.

I've got news for him. The public includes more than Flathead County when federal land is involved. Let's see how the results of a national ballot issue look. It belongs to everyone, not just the people living next door that think it's their birthright to do whatever the hell they want.

OAK, is what you're saying; "roadless areas", like wolves, are strongly supported by those that don't live and recreate closest to them?

I'm saying that roadless areas are strongly supported by a majority of US citizens (I didn't say anything about wolves...stay on topic). That is the group that matters. Not Flathead County residents. How would you feel if the Potus was elected by residents of California alone?

Ten Bears said:
OAK, is what you're saying; "roadless areas", like wolves, are strongly supported by those that don't live and recreate closest to them?
Seems pretty straight forward what he said.
Ten Bears said:
It belongs to everyone, not just the people living next door that think it's their birthright to do whatever the hell they want.

MILLER, you wanna fix that post??????

OAK, I'mnot trying to change the subject, but rather have you elaborate a bit.

Ten Bears, Are you saying you oppose the concept of any "roadless areas" if there was ever once a road there? Just trying to figure out where you are coming from..

"Roadless" is easier to say than, "once roaded/restrictions apply."

Who gives a shit what it's called? So long as an area isn't going to get ripped to shreds by ATVs and motorbikes, I'm all for it. :D

But if it ever had a road through it, it can never truly be roadless. Do you lie to yourself like that often, still a virgin? OK, "once roaded" would be closer to the truth.

No wonder some of the people love picking on you 10 beers.

Your combination of confusion, semantics, and logic is impressive.

Ten Bears said:
MILLER, you wanna fix that post??????
Yep, I screwed up. Too lazy to fix, but my point was that Terry was pretty straight forward with his statement and I agree 100%. Do you disagree with what he stated?

Cj`s 2 cents... We certainly don`t need anymore roads in AZ/Montana or anywhere else.... If you can`t kill a big game animal within a 1/2 mile of a road then you are a lousy hunter.....even a half blind man can get in 1/4 mile an then make a 200-400 yrd. shot..... At least in AZ there are more than enough roads....and by the "Greenhorn Map" there are plenty in Montana....Just glass/wait/shoot... then get your ATV to drag it out ... if needed and legal.....I see no problem... except getting a decent tag.hump

cjcj said:
Cj`s 2 cents... We certainly don`t need anymore roads in AZ/Montana or anywhere else.... ....Just glass/wait/shoot... then get your ATV to drag it out ... .....I see no problem...

|oo |oo |oo
CJ, I hope you were trying to be funny and aren't really that stupid.

"We don't need more roads, let's just use ATV's...."|oo |oo

Tyler... ;)

Elkchsr- Hate to break it to you but a county vote doesn't decide road or roadless designations on federal land.

Of course the direct votes aren't for roaded or not, but there is still a big say and this is one of the tools used and will be in this case if the roadless advocates find they are losing

Hense the name of the title on this thread... :)

Jose I think your an Idiot.. if you think "editing" my post makes you feel smarter... then carry on with your anti- ATV rant..hump

Sorry you lack the brain power and Wit to debate anyone "straight up":D :eek:

MTMILLER; I believe that "local public" should have more influence in localized management than "distant public", I don't believe in calling something it's not, and I believe my comment about "public" support comparing "roadless areas" and wolves has merit.

BUZZ, as usual you have no worthwhile input.

What is local? State? County? Township? I can hit it with a rock from my house?

I'd guess you already have a good idea, but here you go. It would depend on the extent of the directly effected demography. Remember, if you cast your net large enough, all matters APPEAR insignificant in scope.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back