Vortex Warranty Question...

Colberjs

I found a pair of used Vortex binoculars that have quite a bit of scrapes and scratches on the rubber coating but the lenses are supposed to be free from scratches. They are the older model Viper and not the newer Viper HD. The reason I am considering them is I may be able to get them for less than half the price of a new pair. With their warranty I don't doubts hey are worth the investment.

But, my question is this. If I send them in for warranty work (and they decide to replace them), will they replace them with the newer HD version since the older version is discontinued?

What warranty work would you be sending them in for exactly? From what I know the old models are replaced with a comparable new model, such as the crossfire being replaced with the crossfire II the original vipers most likely would not be replaced with the newer viper HD's. If trying to warranty some scratches in the rubber coating, that is a far stretch since the binos themselves aren't being affected functionally.

I didn't figure they would warranty the scratches but the website does say damage no matter how it happened. I'm not able to get my hands on them to look until I buy them so I have to take the sellers word for it. It's hard it believe the rubber is tore up that much and the lenses are not damaged. If they didn't have such a great reputation on their warranty I wouldn't even bother. The old retail price of these is about $90 cheaper than the retail price of the HD's. A model that is comparably priced today is the Talon HD (Which is $30 cheaper). Would they replace them with a model that is a step down just because the price is similar? I was just curious in case anything happened to them. I tried to call and ask them but they're closed until Monday.

They would not warranty anything that is not inhibiting the function or optical performance. What your talking about is wear and tear.

I didn't figure they would cover cosmetic scratches. But if the lenses are scratched I would think they would according to the wording of their warranty.

I didn't figure they would cover cosmetic scratches. But if the lenses are scratched I would think they would according to the wording of their warranty.

Probably but please dont tell us your thinking about intentionally damaging them in hopes that you can get a new pair. Nothing raises the price of products and ruins good warranties more than abuse to policies

Vortex is bar none the best warranty I have ever used. If you send them in Vortex will clean them and repair anything that is wrong with them that they can fix. As for the cosmetic issues they probably won't replace the binos since the flaws do not affect the function of the binos.

Probably but please dont tell us your thinking about intentionally damaging them in hopes that you can get a new pair. Nothing raises the price of products and ruins good warranties more than abuse to policies

No sir. If I planned on doing that I wouldn't bother to ask about it in a public forum. These were on eBay so I had no way of inspecting them so I could be sure there was no damage to the lenses. I was trying to decide how much I was comfortable bidding. I bid $225 and lost them to another bidder who won them for $256 so it's a non-issue now for sure. I knew I wouldn't be able to get a hold of Vortex before the auction ended so I asked here. I would like to thank everybody for their responses. I didn't want to post too much info in the event somebody else may try to bid against me. Haha.

No sir. If I planned on doing that I wouldn't bother to ask about it in a public forum. These were on eBay so I had no way of inspecting them so I could be sure there was no damage to the lenses. I was trying to decide how much I was comfortable bidding. I bid $225 and lost them to another bidder who won them for $256 so it's a non-issue now for sure. I knew I wouldn't be able to get a hold of Vortex before the auction ended so I asked here. I would like to thank everybody for their responses. I didn't want to post too much info in the event somebody else may try to bid against me. Haha.

Who's the eBay seller again:p?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back