Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x 50 V Brite

ludville1

Anyone here have a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x 50 w/V-Brite reticle? If so, how do you like it? Optical quality? Illumination system? Low light performance? I am thinking about buying one to go on my muzzleloader (T/C Omega .50 stainless/laminate) for deer hunting. Seems to be good a value for around $200. I have a Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x 50 w/Firedot Twilight Hunter and I like it, but it costs more than twice as much as this Vortex.

Last edited:
They do seem like a nice scope for the money. I was able to get a new Crossfire II 3-9x 50 V-Brite (illuminated) for $185 from eBay. The only prior experience that I have had with Vortex is I have had as many as 6 of the Vortex Viper XBR crossbow scopes. They had great glass and a good illumination system. I do realize that the Viper series has better glass than the Crossfire II series, but am hoping that it works out well on the muzzleloader.

Never tried the V-Brite.
I have 2 Crossfire IIs.
Only issue i have with Vortex over other brands is they seem to flare out more easily.

I bought this scope for use on a muzzle loader, and have it mounted and bore sighted, but not sighted in yet. Glass seems pretty good for the money, and the illumination system works well.

There's the Vortex hype out there and its nice glass for the money at every level. Ive never owned it but buddies have and I have compared it at stores.

The crossfire line is their base line and its nice but its not the best IMO. Nikons comparable line is better IMO. IDK check it out, there stuff is good and you cant go wrong and I just think there is better.

The crossfire line is their base line and its nice but its not the best IMO. Nikons comparable line is better IMO. IDK check it out, there stuff is good and you cant go wrong and I just think there is better.
Nikon no longer makes scopes

I have the crossfire II in the v-brite on a .338 federal. I have not had a chance to hunt with it yet but just playing around with it I’m pleased for the price. I picked it up on sale for 140 so I could not pass that up. Overall I’m pleased with it for what it is.

I think the center part of reticle is a little large. I dont care for the brightness adjustment being on the top of scope.
For a little more money, I like the Burris Fulfield w/Ill. Brightness adjustment is located on side, where parallax normally is. I think the Ill. reticle appears crisper at comparable settings.

Back