Vortex 5000 HD range finding binocular a decent unit?

Buck1972

Vortex 5000 HD range finding binocular a decent unit? I see they run about 1200$ Refurbished around 8-900

If you are looking to only spend that amount I have the SIG Kilo that are probably a better unit. I have them in the green rubber, brand new very close to what you want to spend. Anyone interested PM me.

I used the SIG for a season and liked them. I upgraded to the Meopta more for ergonomics and weight. My biggest gripe of the SIG is there is no objective covers so you pretty much have to use a bino pouch

I used the SIG for a season and liked them. I upgraded to the Meopta more for ergonomics and weight. My biggest gripe of the SIG is there is no objective covers so you pretty much have to use a bino pouch
I need to upgrade my rangefinder this year and was thinking about a bino rangefinder. I went and looked at the Sig and Vortex, I didn't really care for the ergonomics or the clarity of either compared to my current binoculars and I don't have anything special.

How do you like the Meopta glass versus the others?

I need to upgrade my rangefinder this year and was thinking about a bino rangefinder. I went and looked at the Sig and Vortex, I didn't really care for the ergonomics or the clarity of either compared to my current binoculars and I don't have anything special.

How do you like the Meopta glass versus the others?
It's a step up in glass but not huge. For me it was mostly the size, weight. And ergonomics

I have used the 5000s but in the AB variety. In that configuration I really like them. You put the AB app on your phone with your ballistic information (action, round, etc) and that bluetooths to the bino. When you shoot the rangefinder it gives you a shooting solution in about a half a second. We used them on an 1100 yd range and they were very helpful. Without the AB option I like the bino and rangefinder separate.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back