Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Volunteers Needed to Help NP Trim Elk Population in Wind Caves, SD

Holy hoops Batman... I get this weird sense they have their “volunteers” already selected and are doing this announcement proforma.

The US gov doing a bs selection process, I’m shocked, shocked I tell you.

Volunteers will be selected by lottery.
:rolleyes:
Yeah I’m sure. Park service is a disaster .

I did a Park hunt permit was required, only one group allowed, first come first served. Called the day it opened, got the permit. Opening day of hunting season, there was a group in our spot, NPS, told us tough shit, apparently the whole permit system doesn’t matter if your friends of the park employees.

Looks like it would be fun, minus the week missing work and not getting to keep any of the meat.

I'm going to pass on putting my name in the hat, but I wonder why they didn't just give a few extra elk tags in the area this year instead of this method? Is it cause its in the park?

Wish I could help out, but I'm not a resident..... aaannnnnnnddd I'm out of shape. Aannnnnddd, not sure I'd pass the marksmanship test.... 😄

Looks like it would be fun, minus the week missing work and not getting to keep any of the meat.

I'm going to pass on putting my name in the hat, but I wonder why they didn't just give a few extra elk tags in the area this year instead of this method? Is it cause its in the park?
Correct. Hunting in the national park is forbidden.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back