Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

visitor

tnctcb

this guy has been coming around to my house every night and sometimes he brings a friend.fllilhunter wants to take him with his bow and i told him no but when another started showing up i think it would be a good idea. he had a pretty 10 yard broadside shot tonight but couldnt draw in time.what do you guys think, should i leave them both and hope they dont bring more, or should i let him take one and leave the other for the kids to watch, or should i let him take both of them and eliminate the danger of rabies. by the way one of them is big enough to mount so i would probablly do that if he gets the big one.
visitor_011.sized.jpg

If I had coons coming around eating all the food, I would shoot every one I could and ask ?'s later. I just wouldn't take any chances especially with youngins' around.

this guy has been coming around to my house every night and sometimes he brings a friend

Just a hunch here, but maybe it is because you are feeding them very well. ;)

Take the critters!

I watched a thing on animal cops last night, and a lady was feeding them, the trapper caught some thing like fifty out of the yard, they were starting to help themselves into her house and every thing....
It's your choice though...
They don't get along with other pets very well either...That is their food bowl...LOL... ;)

we brought the food bowl in after the first night. however after we saw him tonight we put a bowl of dog food down under the flood light, it took awhile but the critter came back he hit it solid about 10 yards, trouble is he hit it with a feild point and his bow is set at 25 pounds right now. he hit it good but didnt get pass thru and it really hauled a$$ with the arrow still in it.i found no blood at all but couldnt find the arrow either. john is serious about bow hunting and even though he never shot anything with a bow before he is in the marsh behind the house still looking for it. i am not going off in that crap to look for a coon but if he does find it i think i will preserve it for him. ill let you know.

Wait till he gets ahold of a pissed coon..LMAO!!! Those things can growl and make all sorts of awful noises...
He needs to put a good hunting head on those arrows, those coons are actually pretty tough little critters...

That coon is probably mad as Hell from being hit with a fied head. Should have went for the head shot and gave it a splitting headache. :D

determined kid is out there again looking at first light. he doesnt have any experience tracking animals but somehow just by listening to others talk he knew he had a better chance to find it in the daylight and took off right after hunting easter eggs. i sure hope he finds it as hard as he is working. my wife got a picture just as he released and if you look really close at the bottom corner of the rotten banister you can see the coons tail.it was to dark to see the arrow but see if you can see it
hunt_talk_egg_002.sized.jpg

tnctcb
hope the boy finds the coon.

But I have to say they make good watch dogs.
I know I had one for a pet as a kid. till my dad got pissed and killed him for he tryed to beat my ass the the coon got pissed and bite him :D :D

LOL Vipe :D
Hope he finds it Tim. That would be nice if he kept after the little rascal and came back tot he house with it. I can see the tail but not the arrow.

Isn't that shiney spot it's eye...
Yep Tim, looks like he is a great addition to your hunting treasures...

no the shiny spot is the glare on the bowl from the floodlight. the coon is right at the corner of the banister, you can really only see the tail.
vipe thanks but i think ill pass on the pet
i think he gave up and ive gotta go. gotta be in texas tommorrow. to bad i set him up with a broadhead and told him to get rid of the other one.

You never know Tim, you may get home and find your young hunter has a pile of them stacked in the back yard... ;) :D

HAHAHA!!! If 1shot ever gets on here, there are a few on the board that would or could possibly help, Tim could even have a blanket made out of the.. ;)

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back