Vintage Refield scope

Rooster52

I bought a Redfield scope this week,2 3/4 power with post/crosshair reticle.
Made in Denver Colorado! Still clear and functions the way it should.

Anyone remember these ?

Last edited:
i have an old redfield spotting scope 20-80 power ... i bet it weighs ten pounds. got to love vintage gear that is as good as the day it was purchased

I remember them! I bought a 1960's era Remington Model 600 in 6.5 mm Remington Magnum and it came with a 1 3/4 - 5 Redfield Widefield. I have that stored for if I ever market the rifle, but replaced it with a Leupold VX3 2.5-8 as I had plans and have hunted with it.

The Redfield worked fine and my replacing it was only because I wanted more magnification.

I remember them! I bought a 1960's era Remington Model 600 in 6.5 mm Remington Magnum and it came with a 1 3/4 - 5 Redfield Widefield. I have that stored for if I ever market the rifle, but replaced it with a Leupold VX3 2.5-8 as I had plans and have hunted with it.

The Redfield worked fine and my replacing it was only because I wanted more magnification.
I bought a Remington 600 in .243 awhile back. It has a Redfield "Widefield" on it as well. It seems to be a well made and clear scope, I will replace it with a Leupold I have lying around.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back