Video Idea - Gear Care and Storage

TexAg09

I don't think Randy has covered this one in a video yet, but I know it's been discussed to a certain extent here. However, I enjoy the YouTube videos so I'd love to see what he does for gear care and if he does anything different when he stores it for the year. Do you do any special treatments on tents, hunting clothes washing routine (especially waterproof clothes), how do you clean your bow, and do you do anything before putting it away for a while? Same with packs. Things like that aren't discussed a ton, but I know can save a lot of headache when you're getting ready for the next season. I accept DQ gift cards and/or Randy Newberg T-shirts as payment for unsolicited ideas hahaha.

Last edited:
I agree! I don't think there is a video out there that Randy completed I haven't watched but I am very interested in learning more about storage and care.

To be selfish - I am moving into an apartment so storage space is limited and I would like to see what strategies are available to those without a garage, basement or "cave" to store stuff. Do you Marie Kondo it after every season to make sure you are only keeping the items you really like and need?

I agree! I don't think there is a video out there that Randy completed I haven't watched but I am very interested in learning more about storage and care.

To be selfish - I am moving into an apartment so storage space is limited and I would like to see what strategies are available to those without a garage, basement or "cave" to store stuff. Do you Marie Kondo it after every season to make sure you are only keeping the items you really like and need?
I’ve always had one closet designated the gear closet and then just used stacked clear totes.

I think the folks at gohunt have been in my head. They are starting to roll out some videos dedicated to this. I'd still like to see Randy fill in the gaps they miss. Especially how he handles his clothes that are waterproof or with DWR coatings.

I don't think Randy has covered this one in a video yet, but I know it's been discussed to a certain extent here. However, I enjoy the YouTube videos so I'd love to see what he does for gear care and if he does anything different when he stores it for the year. Do you do any special treatments on tents, hunting clothes washing routine (especially waterproof clothes), how do you clean your bow, and do you do anything before putting it away for a while? Same with packs. Things like that aren't discussed a ton, but I know can save a lot of headache when you're getting ready for the next season. I accept DQ gift cards and/or Randy Newberg T-shirts as payment for unsolicited ideas hahaha.
I agree!

Reminds me my horse tack needs some looking after. Everything else gets used throughout the year. Nothing in my hunting daypack needs any particular care during the off season. It hangs in the gun safe. Every other year or so I touch up the paint on my decoys and repair or replace stakes as needed. A checklist of stuff for each trip is on my computer (Africa, Alaska, Montana, etc.). The lists are updated as needed, usually during or just before trips.

Back