Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Vehicle Access

WIbiggame

I had read through a ton of access threads and did not see this question if it is some place else I am sorry for asking again.

My question is how do you figure out if ATV, or any motor vehicle is allowed in an area? I am looking to backpack away from the crowds so don't want to put in the time and effort hiking back in and have an ATV or dirt bike fly past me.

Get a travel map from the agency in question. It will show open roads, travel restrictions, etc.

My question is how do you figure out if ATV, or any motor vehicle is allowed in an area? I am looking to backpack away from the crowds so don't want to put in the time and effort hiking back in and have an ATV or dirt bike fly past me.

As many on here will testify, having a "no vehicles beyond this point" sign posted does not mean there will be no vehicles beyond this point!!

Idaho is a little different in that four-wheelers may be allowed on the trail all year long for riding purposes, but during hunting season some units don't allow atvs for hunting. So theoretically you could be hunting in an atv free zone for hunters, but could have a four wheeler come up the trail if the rider isn't hunting. :eek:

Every forest's web page I have looked at this year has had the MVUM online.

Go to the specific forests main page, then on the left click the "maps and publications" link. That should get you to the point of viewing and/or downloading the MVUM maps.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back