Yeti GOBOX Collection

Varget powder in 243?

WDSWIFT

Any one have a pet load using Varget powder in the 243 along with 70gr or 85gr bullets?WD

Sorry, WD, it seems like people aren't using Varget with their .243's...maybe just not yet. Let us know how it works for you if you try it. I plan on picking up a pound of it soon, but to try out in my .223. I like the idea of a non-temperature sensitive powder, as I shoot in the high desert in the winter and in the Central Valley in the summer, so temps can range from the teens to well over a hundred.

Calif Hunter, thanks for the resopnse. I went over to the Varmint board and asked the same question and got about 5 or 6 responses on it. It is getting mixed reviews in the 243. Some loved it some said it was good but 4064 or 4350 was better. Picked up a good spread sheet on too. I'll look at that again and see if it had anything on varget in the 223.

I tried some varget loaded 223's but wasn't impressed enough to change from either H335 or ww748. If I find out anything I'll let ya know. Thanks again. ;) WD

I have used W-748 in .223 and it has worked very well. I've not (yet?) experienced any real problems with temperature ranges, but I have with other powders in other rifles...pierced primers, etc. So I thought I would try Varget. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back