Vanguard Spotters

VAOutdoors

Does anyone have any experience with the Vanguard Endeavor HD model spotting scopes? Looking at the 65A model

I bought one last year use it mostly at rifle range works pretty good there. When you turn up power it is harder to focus but for the price I like it and came with a tripod but you can’t get a window mount that works with shoe that works on tripod also so you have to change out shoe to use on window mount. John

I hear good things about the value of Vanguard Endeavor HD. Not sure I'd buy one for a hunt of a lifetime but they might be good for spotting animals at distance (not judging antler size but seeing animals).
I saw that OpticsPlanet had them in a kit (case and bench tripod) and if you look around sometimes you can find a 10-15% coupon. They even had a rebate for a tripod. Never looked through one but the Rokslide has a small following.

If you can track on down the Theron Saker is a good low priced spotter.

I had one of the 65mm HD Straights in 2014 for a few weeks; unbeknownst to me my wife had purchased me a Swaro for my birthday, so I returned the Vanguard. For the money ~$400, to my eye it outperformed the Vortex Viper HD and everything else sub-$1000 I could compare it against side by side (I didn't have a Theron to try). Until you got into the 1000-1200 range did it start to get beat. All that being said, this was almost 5 years ago, and things change.

If they are anything like their tripods, I would pass. My experience there was less than positive.

My cousin has the big vanguard hd spotter. He brought it along last year elk hunting and I was impressed by it. I have the razor it wasn’t quite as clear but price point and bang for ur buck I would give it a thumbs up from me!!

It was weak, cheaply made. The head was ok, but wasslnt precise enough for my vortex scope. When it broke, Vanguard would just give me a 30% coupon. Dont skimp in optics. Buy quality upfront.

Back