Utah Youth Any Bull Elk Hunt

Jimmy G

My son drew a Youth Any Bull Elk tag for this fall and wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I will be hunting in Idaho with my bow this year but will be coming back to hunt with him and try to get him a bull. He has shot a cow elk before but this will be his first chance at a bull.

Anyone have any tips for finding a decent bull for him in one of the Any Bull areas while all the limited entry guys are hitting it hard?

I would recommend sticking to the Kamas and South Slope areas for the best chance at a bull. Though the other portions of the state do carry good bulls, they are a bit few n' far between. The Kamas and South Slope areas offer a ton of good access roads around the soap stone basin area on the map, and only require a 1 to 2 mile hike (if that) off the main road to spot elk. At that time of year they should be pretty active approaching the rut and not too pressured as of yet being as archery season would only have been open for about 30 days. Good luck and hope this helps!

I'd also look into the North Slope of the Uintas. I've seen quite a few bulls in that area over the years and there are a bunch of nice benches as well as drainage areas. Just make sure to get past the Indian land just north of Duchesne.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back