Caribou Gear Tarp

Utah Spot and Stalk Black Bear

MTODhunting

Hi everyone, haven't been on this site in awhile, but I just recently realized I drew a fall spot and stalk Central Manti-North bear tag in Utah. I'm from Montana but have friends that I plan on staying with for the beginning and end of the hunt. I've killed a few bears here in Montana, but I'm curious what my realistic chances are of filling this tag. If anyone has any important information I should know about or point me in a direction to start at I would appreciate it.

You drew a non resident bear tag in Utah? You are in Montana? You’ll be driving through or past bears in your home state in order to get to a less dense population of bears in Utah. I helped a friend hunt elk in the Manti in 2020 and we came across plenty of bear sign. All the sign that I found would indicate that the bears were of normal size. The opportunity just seems so much less than a Montana general season tag. I have 2 points for bear in Utah and I would trade them in for a cheeseburger any day.

809E3264-B13B-4E3E-AD4E-CEAE970DDB76.jpegUtah has great bear hunting. Spring 2019 hunt photo attached.

Good luck on your upcoming Utah bear hunt. Don’t get discouraged. Stick with it. They are out there. Lots of boot leather required nonetheless. Maybe a good investment to hire a local guide for a few days who regularly hunts the area where you will hunt.

You drew a non resident bear tag in Utah? You are in Montana? You’ll be driving through or past bears in your home state in order to get to a less dense population of bears in Utah. I helped a friend hunt elk in the Manti in 2020 and we came across plenty of bear sign. All the sign that I found would indicate that the bears were of normal size. The opportunity just seems so much less than a Montana general season tag. I have 2 points for bear in Utah and I would trade them in for a cheeseburger any day.
I have a bear tag in Montana too. I just needed an excuse to go visit friends down there and get outside to explore a new state a little. Like I said, I've harvested a couple bears in Montana already and having another tag in my pocket never hurt.

View attachment 176057Utah has great bear hunting. Spring 2019 hunt photo attached.

Good luck on your upcoming Utah bear hunt. Don’t get discouraged. Stick with it. They are out there. Lots of boot leather required nonetheless. Maybe a good investment to hire a local guide for a few days who regularly hunts the area where you will hunt.
Thanks that’s a beautiful bear congrats and to the op congrats on the tag that will be a fun hunt

View attachment 176057Utah has great bear hunting. Spring 2019 hunt photo attached.

Thanks for the response! Beautiful bear and got the whole family involved, love it! I plan on putting on quite a few miles and dedicating around a week to the tag. Just hoping it's not all for not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back