Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Utah Late Cow Elk

HighDesertSage

Looking to see if someone who has hunted the La Sal Mtns late cow elk (11/18 - 12/31) could help me out before I put in for the draw. I am mainly trying to figure out if the majority of the elk will be on private, or if I can still find them on public in good numbers before I spend the money on the tag. Feel free to PM. Thanks for any and all help.

I going to bump this to the top. I would love to talk to someone who had this tag. I have it this year and I am going to start hunting the weekends. Any help would be appreciated.

I use to live in Moab left after graduation back 02. My Dad and I use to hunt Between La Sal the town and the base of the La Sal mountains. We were hunting deer at the time but saw a little heard of cow elk in the pinion level, and my Dad has killed a bull in that same are too. Goodluck hope you get one.
Looking to see if someone who has hunted the La Sal Mtns late cow elk (11/18 - 12/31) could help me out before I put in for the draw. I am mainly trying to figure out if the majority of the elk will be on private, or if I can still find them on public in good numbers before I spend the money on the tag. Feel free to PM. Thanks for any and all help.

I'm trying to remember any place, but now that I looked at the Google maps it was on BLM land below the base of the mountains, a little east of the town of La Sal where we hunted.
NavajoHunterNM,

Thank you for your reply. That's the area I am going to focus on. Any camp spots you can recall? Thanks for the help.

I've got no info to offer, but good luck. Late cow hunts are always fun. Hopefully this weather moves them down where they are accessible.

Back