Utah Expo Permits

Yep things are bad in Utah. OIL species; sheep, goats, moose, bison, stable or growing including OTC Bison Tag opportunity. State supports science based wildlife management including harvest objective and use hounds for cats, bears and bounty on coyotes. Elk, Deer, Antelope holding ok even with this horrible drought the entire Mountain West suffers with. CWMU (private lands) continues to provide access and opportunity to some amazing properties and financial help for ranchers keeps the land in use for cows rather than developed as cabins.

One action led by SFW in 1998 to pass Proposition 5 which requires super majority 66% of "all registered voters" for wildlife referendums will prevent Utah sportsmen and proven wildlife management from falling victim to urbanization and animal rights activists. To even get a referendum on ballot organizers require signature threshold from 23 of 26 counties; impossible to attain. Looking at Colorado and current efforts to ban Lion Hunting will be incessant against sportsmen and scientific wildlife management.

If you come down; bring the family and make it a mini-vacation.
...istockphoto-185288096-1024x1024.jpg

@OriginalOscar
I notice you have 9 posts. What's your other, non-trolling, handle?

What SFW did in 1998 (if they actually did it) has little bearing on what they're doing in 2022. One good deed doesn't compensate thousands if people denied a chance at a piece of the growing pie that you're asserting. Also, OTC bison is all about the Ute bison migrating, not the state's bison.

@OriginalOscar
I notice you have 9 posts. What's your other, non-trolling, handle?

What SFW did in 1998 (if they actually did it) has little bearing on what they're doing in 2022. One good deed doesn't compensate thousands if people denied a chance at a piece of the growing pie that you're asserting. Also, OTC bison is all about the Ute bison migrating, not the state's bison.
Sorry my post count is low and actual life distracts.

One of the the worst parts about Utah this year is they are banning the use of ALL trailcams during the hunting months. This is going to make it harder for outfitters to research and find the big boys!
How much is UGO paying you to shill for them? More than the AKEK pack people?

I'll give credit where it is due. SFW passing Prop 5 several decades ago was a good thing for hunting in Utah.

SFW has now come out in support of the trail cam ban, which is a position I agree with.

I'm a long way from supporting SFW, but I think it's important to recognize positive actions.

Back