Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Using Crock-Pot to Clean Mount

RugerHawg413

I shot a 8 point last week and I cut off the antlers and the base of the antlers. So, it is not a european mount or anything. I own a old crock pot and was wondering if I could use it to clean the mount. Please tell me what yall think and if yall have done this "method" before please comment on your results. Thank you!!

I mean, I guess it would?

Be kind of like a sous vide, maintain a constant temp to get that junk off there.

But why not hit up the goodwill for a cheap pot for the stove and do it that way? Faster and known results would be my vote.

I mean, I guess it would?

Be kind of like a sous vide, maintain a constant temp to get that junk off there.

But why not hit up the goodwill for a cheap pot for the stove and do it that way? Faster and known results would be my vote.
But wouldn't the smell be horrendous? I could put the crock pot in the garage, outside the house. But I do agree that method is better. Thanks!

If you ever see yourself doing a full Euro mount just go ahead and grab a sous vide while they're on sale everywhere. I suppose the crock pot would work.

Wouldn't pretend to know the first thing about doing this with a crockpot. I would say just be careful not to over do it. All the nasal bones can be pretty fragile. I would check it on a regular and post updates on this forum about your results. It may turn out to be a solid method for those who have an old crockpot.

507womtbdo1z.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back