PEAX Equipment

Upside down fire

Tleek

I’ve been doing lots of family camping and bonfires. The upside down fire lay is a game changer. It’s the crock pot of fire, set it and forget it.

If your unfamiliar, rather than starting with tinder, then kindling in the middle, and fuel on top, you long cabin fuel logs on the bottom and stack progressively smaller pieces it lights up and the coals from the burning kindling fall and ignite the larger pieces, that in turn fall and ignite the fuel logs.

It lights super easily, burns a long time, and creates a hot bed of coals. Give it a try!
1686969060457.jpeg
1686970631417.jpeg

Have to wait for the morning constitutional for that. Day 2 fire.
You don’t throw it on top. An official upside down fire would already have the shit plate on the bottom as your coal catcher. It will be the last thing to ignite. Unfortunately it gives new meaning to a steaming pile.

Lol being new here I admit…I’m a bit confused, but I’ll take it all positively!

I’ve been a member of bushcraft USA forever and we might play with fire a bit more than the average person.

I’ve only ever used nice dry wood for this fire lay, but people there have used wood gathered on site. I’m sure it’s not as easy with soggy wood you might find at the typical PNW national forest site.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back