Caribou Gear

upgrading my binos

slamdmini

i currently have bushnell 10x42s and im going to be upgrading them soon. i cant afford $2k-3k, so the top tier glass is out of the question. ive been looking and researching and these are the binos that ive come up with that im interested in that are in my budget:

maven b1
meopta b1 plus
zeiss conquest
leupold bx5
vortex razor

any input, or experience you guys have with these or others you think i should consider would be greatly appreciated.
thanks guys

Maven all the way! I have buddies that use Swaros and zeiss and they say they can’t tell the difference! Absolutely love my Maven. They are slightly heavier/little bigger than my old leupolds

I got the Maven B2’s recently. They are advertised as “edge to edge clarity”, which I found to NOT be true. While the image is quite flat, there is a thin blurry edge. I found meopta’s to have superior edge clarity. However, I like everything else about the mavens and I would recommend them. Extremely crisp and bright

My Son just bought the Maven C1 on Cyber Monday for <$250, they are very good, sharp and clear. I too have the Vortex Viper HD 10x42 and love them like 406Life said, you can't beat Vortex Customer service. I tore a rubber lens cap off (my fault) and they sent me a replacement no charge and I had it with-in 3 days (pre Covid mail). I find the SLC heavy and too bulky to carry all day, but then I'm a small guy. There is good glass out there far less than the cost of the SLCs.

Nothing wrong with having to buy used SLC's. Again it won't be something the buyer regrets.

Nope, people keep them forever. Only reason I'm even considering selling these ELs is because I want to buy a set of NLs and the new EL Range and the wife would murder me otherwise.

if i buy swaros they would have to be used, so what is the warranty on 2nd hand swaros?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back