Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Upgrade needed?

Currycm

In the spring, I purchased my first spotting scope, a Vortex Razor HD. Until that time, I had only used lower end binos. Do I need to upgrade my binos to similar quality or is one set of good glass enough?

Depends on what your trying to do.
Binos are better at scouring large areas, or when your on the move.
If your sitting, they are good for locating animals. Then use the spotter for more definition.

Good binoculars are a joy when most of your time is spent glassing for animals. So, in dense woods probably not, but for plains and mountains a definite yes. And you don't necessarily have to break the bank. Look on the birdwatcher sites. All they do is look through binoculars all day, and they have rankings in each price category. We have old Leitz Wetzlar (marked West Germany, so that's pretty cool) and Swarovski, but you don't have to do that. Meopta seems to get great reviews. My sister-in-law who is an avid birder swears by them. Good luck!

rifle or archery? My vote is binos are more important and all I'll use for archery. I've rented a spotter but don't own one and will upgrade my binos before I do.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back