Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Unit 82 Wyoming Deer Results

wagges

IMG_6672.jpg

I just wanted to come in and say thank you to all those who contribute. I had a successful hunt thanks in large part to the posters here as well as the Game and Fish Officer. I read about that tip on this forum. Because of the help offered here, I was able to get to WY on Thursday around 4 and by dark I had seen 75 does. The area I picked to hunt was solely based on the information given on this forum. Friday morning, in the first hour I had seen 50 does and soon after, we found a bachelor group of 5 bucks, all mature! In the process of stalking them, another group ran into this group. We thought this was a great, but it was not. Other hunters were actually chasing the 2nd group using vehicles. I was able to talk with an older gentleman in the group of hunters who agreed to allow me to walk to where the deer had bedded. While I was hiking in, his friend had shot at the group of the deer. I ran up the hill about 1/2 a mile found the group and shot the biggest one. If not for the ability to shoot at long range accurately, I may not have had such a good outcome. Just wanted to thank you all and most especially members Brad Daniel and Rooster52 in another post about this same area.

On another note, I have 9 points for antelope and this was my main reason for getting the deer tag. I saw over 150 buck in 2 days and 3 of them were over 80. Can't wait to come back!

Congratulations! A buddy and I also managed to take similar bucks there this year. Pressure was worse than anything I've experienced but we kept at it and got our deer. We saw many deer too, but the only 2 older bucks we saw were the ones we took. We saw a bunch of fork horns and one 3x3 that needed another year. I sure wish I had 9 goat points, we saw some great ones!

Nice buck, Congrats.
My son and I have max points in Wyoming and I hope to cash them in in a few years when he is done with college. 82 is one of the unit I have considered.

Unless they bring back the late season I'd look elsewhere. The Region W tag can be drawn with 1pt I think, probably not worth burning max points. The late season was the hard draw in 82.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back