Caribou Gear Tarp

Unit 8 Arizona

Glen and I will also be hunting Unit 10 for the November hunt.. Should be a good year is we get some summer rains.. Staring off pretty good..

God bless - finally drew a tag as a resident...lol We got unit 8 - have hunted 7W, 6A, 5A, 5BS and 23 but not 8 any heads up would be greatly appreciated. Big unit and other than being at the Boy Scouts camp know nothing about it. All pointers appreciated. This is an early Archery tag - drawing this tag saved me nearly a $1,000 because were going to put in for Randy's home state now I can buy more toys...lol

Ron

drew this unit for late rifle. Going to scout last week of august…more to get acquainted with the area/confirm glassing spots than to look for elk.

Thanks Randy for the video - spent 10 days in 8 over 3 weeks saw lots of cows but no bulls so moving from the forest to the junipers this weekend. Because of the rains we now have lots of water and feed so the bulls should be huge!

Ron

Thanks Randy for the video - spent 10 days in 8 over 3 weeks saw lots of cows but no bulls so moving from the forest to the junipers this weekend. Because of the rains we now have lots of water and feed so the bulls should be huge!

Ron
I had an absolute ball chasing elk on the west side/junipers, and also the east side pines in the early archery season. Bulls everywhere and vocal. hunted the whole season including helping another hunter for last 6 days after I killed cuz I was having just too much fun to leave.

When I get my truck out of the shop I will be heading that way southwest of 73 and the northwest corner - Spent all my time in the southern part in the pines and only founds moo cows and cow elk, the bad part is most of the cow elk had no calves! I think the prolong drought may of had an severe impact on their mortality. Have a dozen camera out, since this is the last year we can use them, will go back to them in a couple of more weeks and see what we captured. Wish me luck, something tells my may need a little.
Ron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back