Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Unit 67 muzzy colorado

I'm pretty sure you can't draw any deer tag in 67 for 3 points? I know 3rd season took 12 points last year and pretty sure muzzy took 8. Maybe you could draw a archery tag with 3 points.

Adam, for Unit 67 non-resident muzzleloader deer it took only 2 points to be in the draw in 2012 and 4 points in 2013. That's a pretty good value for that tag.

Unit 66 muzzleloader took quite a few more points.

Last edited:
I stand corrected, I thought in 2011 it took 5 points and for some reason I thought I read 8 for 2013 muzzy. If you can draw a tag with 4 points I wouldn't hesitate to put in for it. I've mostly been looking at third season because I have 13 points. I should have checked stats before I posted. Do you know if they increased the tag numbers last year for muzzy season?

Last edited:
Yes I went back in 2011, over all I had good hunt and learned alot. It was my first elk hunt so I made a lot of mistakes! Got into elk a couple of times just couldn't get close enough for a shot with muzzle loader. Most of the elk where much higher than I thought they would be. If I went back I would be sure to bring small tent and stay much higher on the mountain, or have good horses. My dad and brother had deer tags. My brother shot and average buck, and my dad missed a nice buck at 100 yards. The deer that we found where much lower elevation than the elk. Loved the country and didn't see much hunting pressure. Think I might go back in few years with my bow if I can draw a tag.

thanks for your advice back in 2011 mudranger1

Good luck in your efforts getting GMU hunt advice. Wish I had hunted the area you're hoping to hunt 'cause I'd give you what help I could. Just so you know, I've long since given up asking for even a little help with hunt areas on forums. Mostly I'd get zero responses or I'd get some silly comment like, "Get outta the truck and put some miles on your boots like everyone else." Well I live two thousand five hundred miles away from Colorado. I drive out a week early, pitch my small tent and put a ton of miles on my boots. I've moved camp as many as 9 times scouting. Then the day before the season opens I pick up camp and go to the area I scouted LAST YEAR for this years hunt. This year I am scouting for next year's hunt and hunting the spot I scouted out last year. I'm 68 years old and backpacking well into a wilderness area, solo. About two months ago I wrote a question about the area in a forum question. Would you like to know how many responses I got?.....exactly zero. (Apparently no one hunts Unit 55 in the Gunnison!) At least if I am successful (and I usually am), I can say it was pretty much by my own doing.
Again, wish I had hunt time in your unit...I'd help you out. Best of luck to you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back