Unit 61 Colorado

Overall Colorado will see probably a better than average year for BIG bucks. Winter kill hasnt been bad anywhere and lots of big arse bucks survived. The programs the CDOW has had going for several years now will continue to bode well for big deer in certain areas. 61 isn't one of them, but as sneakum has mentioned there are some there if you are in the right areas. Won't be a cake walk.

In my opinion 54 and 55 give you as EASIER, better chance at a big buck. Finding them in one of the later rifle hunts would not be a problem. Can't be said of the Unc. in most places, especially later.

Don't you normally charge $400 a pop Jeff? :D

What's he up to now, maybe 1200 or so... :eek:

Oh, and to answer you question. Yes, I'm pretty certain a 180+ will be falling at my feet this coming season... hump

Hey Guys. My first post was about Leica Geovid 10x42's in the equipment section. I haven't gotten any comments. I'm really considering buy some. In fact I've already ordered them to try them our with the agreement I can send them back if not totally satisfied. Have you guys looked at them at all?

I thought we already established the fact that I was a lil quicker on the trigger? :D

OK,

I gotcha... Yes, it was a lil inside banter. DK is the man to get w/ that's for sure. Colorado is the place to go if your looking for big mulies too. They just ain't behind every bush like some people seem to make them be. I would suggest PM'ing Jeff aka DK, if you wish for further in depth information on any of the units you may be interested in here in Colorado. He provides a service which the "Huntinphool" could only wish to match, and as far as I'm concerned he's the best one by a long shot in this state...

Thanks for the info on DK. I'll try to contact him. I've just joined Hunt Talk 3 days ago so I'm still navigating my way around.

I appreciate the input.

If you don't like the way tags are allocated, you can do more than bitch here (although bitching is always fun ;) ). E-mail your comments, or be happy with what we get. Looks like it's four against one, though.

Oak
********************************************************************************

BIG GAME LICENSE ALLOCATION COMMITTEE DEVELOPED TO IMPROVE LICENSING PROCEDURES

The Colorado Division of Wildlife (DOW) has convened a Big Game License Allocation Working Group to review big game hunting concerns and attempt to develop proposals for improving the allocation of big game licenses in Colorado.

The 15-member group consists of representatives of sportsmen, landowners and agriculture, outfitters and local government and business from throughout the state. The group met for the first time on April 16, for introductions and to set ground rules.

The DOW’s role will be to facilitate this process and provide requested information to committee members. It will be up to the committee members to develop possible solutions to issues that they, the public, and their constituents have when it comes to the allocation of big game licenses.

The objective of the committee is to evaluate the big game license allocation process for deer, elk and pronghorn and to make recommendations to the DOW director and the Wildlife Commission for improvement.

The next meeting will take place at the Scout Hut in Riverside Park in Salida 210 East Sackett Street, on April 29, from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. and April 30 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Future meeting times, dates, and locations will be listed on the DOW’s Web site at: http://wildlife.state.co.us/hunt/biggame/license_allocation/.

The DOW values public input and interest in the proceedings. Minutes from the meeting and additional information will also be available on the DOW’s Web site at: http://wildlife.state.co.us/hunt/biggame/license_allocation/. Public comment throughout the proceedings will be accepted through e-mail. The e-mail address for the public to send comments to will be listed on the Web site in the near future. There may also be some time at the end of each meeting for public comment.

Once the committee meetings are finished, there will be a series of eight meetings, in July and August, designated for the public to comment on any proposed recommendations. These meetings will take place throughout the state. Any proposals the committee develops will also need to be approved by the Wildlife Commission. Public comment is always accepted and encouraged at commission meetings. Due to the minimal number of committee meetings and lack of time to develop proposals, the DOW wants to encourage as much public comment as possible be submitted through e-mail, through the committee representatives, and during the public input meetings designated for that purpose.

DeerKing, Have you heard or know of a guy named Kirt Darner? My brother in law has used him in the past for a scout package. He leases a ranch in unit 62, about 10,000 acres.

Back