Unit 39 archery?

B-Killin

Anybody hunt the late season archery hunt? I am going to give it a try. I passed on quite a few little bucks on the rifle hoping that I could see a few toads on the bowhunt.

I have hunted down there in the past, it is a good hunt if you get in the right area at the right time.
Anyone been seeing the deer starting to move yet? Buddy of mine said he has been seeing some movement....also says he has been having a hard time finding any animals in the higher stuff. He also said that one of his buddies shot a 31"er in the lower stuff during the last week of the rifle hunt.
Good luck to everyone that plans on hunting the late bow hunt!
YB

Its a good hunt. Like Young Buck said, Right area and right time is the ticket.. If we get some good snow then it should be pretty good. If no snow then it can be tough..
Have seen some dandys up there and I am wanting to put the smack on one this year. Starts Nov 10th and runs thru the 30th and is either sex. If you are not afraid of getting in after them then you should do well..
Good luck
Enrut

Anyone had any luck yet, I hunted danskin area the other day, saw 100+ deer only 2 bucks, forky and spike, between this hunt so far and rifle season I am wondering if forked horns are as big as they get in Idaho anymore, I think I have seen 18+ forked horns this fall, nothing bigger.

Got up there early Saturday morning. First spot we seen 4 bucks....1 nice point about 23-24 wide..and pretty heavy...a couple forkies and a nice 3 point about 23" wide.
Second spot we hiked up and the wind was horrible...seen a few does and a little 3 point...next ridge over a couple more does and a little 2x3.
7 bucks Saturday...and all of them were really into the does.
We were up a little too high I think....lots of deer around but they didnt seem to be interested in the snow that was all around them....also seen 5 cow elk.
Might try it again next weekend....depending on the looks of the weather.
YB

I saw a dandy buck sunday. Up towards Prarie a ways. A couple small forkies and a bunch of does! It was fun though. I hope the snow keeps comin'!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back