Unit 31 bull tag idaho

Arlinfrandsen

Looking to talk with some guys that have drawn this tag my wife and i drew it for this year i really want to get her 1st bull but im hearing war stories left and right of to many people no elk. Just lookin for some positive vibes lol

It’s a worthwhile tag to have. I took some youth deer hunting there when the elk hunt was open and there were definitely more elk there than deer. There are roads all over the place and that might be something that produces the war stories.

It’s a worthwhile tag to have. I took some youth deer hunting there when the elk hunt was open and there were definitely more elk there than deer. There are roads all over the place and that might be something that produces the war stories.
+1
f.png

g.png

I see well we are going to put the work in scouting and working to put ourselves in a position to make it happen i dont care if i kill a bull as i would rather watch my wife harvest her 1st but if the guests arrive there will be 2 down for sure lol

So, I have a lot to say... I tried to PM you, but I'm unable to figure it out... I bow hunt there in #31. My brother deer hunts there.. Maybe you can send me a message. If that doesn't work, Let me know on this thread. We'll figure a way to communicate. Mark

I haven't been in unit 31 for several years. I had a few hunts there ruined by ATVs and full-size trucks on closed roads.

My advice is similar to Duck-Slayer's, get in as deep and far away from roads as you can. Don't count on gates stopping the motorheads. Find a place where the laws of physics keep them out, because laws of government sure don't.

Another suggestion would be to try to find out when the ranchers move their cattle down. One year the cowboys gathered cattle in our pre-scouted area a day or two before our hunt opened and pushed the elk out.

So, I have a lot to say... I tried to PM you, but I'm unable to figure it out... I bow hunt there in #31. My brother deer hunts there.. Maybe you can send me a message. If that doesn't work, Let me know on this thread. We'll figure a way to communicate. Mark
Hey Slim55, I’m new to the site. My father and I will be hunting elk in unit 31 Idaho next year (2022). I’ve been doing a lot of e scouting on OnX and google maps. I was just wondering if you have any tips or suggestions for us.

Back