Unit 23S OTC Bear in August 2020

AZtransplant

Anyone out there interested in taking a day or two or three off starting August 7, 2020 to go hunt the opener for OTC bear in Unit 23 South? All my buddies are "out" this year and the wife doesn't want to let me bear hunt alone without cell service (she was raised by pansies).

I'm 32 years old, have been hunting most of my life, have all my own stuff, and would be willing to drive. Please PM me if you are interested, or if you were already planning on going and have room for one more.

Hi @AZtransplant I would certainly be interested for a weekend hunt and possibly longer depending on how the draw goes. I live in the east valley.

Did either of you go bear hunting? This morning I went to the desert scouting for muleys. Just finding water was a challenge. Zip for deer although it was 90 degrees at dawn so deer movement is minimal to say the least.

I went out early August and found sign in the oaks. I haven’t heard of any bears in the pears. I saw 2
Bucks yesterday at 7:30 that I watched for half hour. No point sitting water with all the storms we’ve had lately. I came across 6 seeps in a half mile section yesterday.

Back