Unit 17 New Mexico

CoachCritt20

Hey guys. Just looking to see if anyone has ever drawn unit 17 NM tag. Early archery Sep 1-14. Just looking to see if anyone would share their experience. Terrain, need an ATV, Stuff like that. I’ve done tons of research, just wanted to hear some different opinions on the unit. Thank in Advance !

I've hunted the early archery season in 17.... Shoot me a PM with any questions and I'll give you my 2cents...

Just curious - are you from out of state? If so, how are you planning to deal with the New Mexico quarantine requirements? Sounds like a mess...

I've hunted the early archery season in 17.... Shoot me a PM with any questions and I'll give you my 2cents...

Just curious - are you from out of state? If so, how are you planning to deal with the New Mexico quarantine requirements? Sounds like a mess...

They have been pretty unclear on all of the details that is for sure. I can't even find a definitive answer on if it is ok to stop for gas and pay at the pump or not.

Sounds like more of an unenforceable joke.

They have been pretty unclear on all of the details that is for sure. I can't even find a definitive answer on if it is ok to stop for gas and pay at the pump or not.

I'm not aware of anything saying you can't stop for gas. Judging by the steady stream of Texans that come through Roswell every weekend, I don't think you'll have much of an issue, although I could see other parts of the state handling this differently since Roswell doesn't seem to care much for the current state of affairs. Some gas stations appear to be closing their restrooms to discourage travelers though.

The most current info about travel says:

"As neighboring states and other parts of the country have not taken up adequate public health restrictions and guidelines, and in the absence of a coherent federal strategy to slowing the spread of COVID-19, individuals arriving in New Mexico from out of state, whether residents of New Mexico or not, must self-isolate for a period of time sufficient to ensure public health and safety is not jeopardized.

To assure public health and safety and to minimize the community spread of COVID-19, those individuals must physically separate from others in a residence or place of lodging for at least 14 days from the date of their entry into New Mexico or for the duration of their presence in the state, whichever is shorter."

I guess the quarantine really boils down to how they choose to define lodging. By definition, it could be "a place in which someone lives or stays temporarily." That sounds an awful lot like elk camp to me, assuming the elk camp follows the group size restriction as well.

-Guy

hey guys ! I plan on leaving around 24th or so and driving through the night. I figure I’ll “Quarantine” in camp and on the Mountain. 17 seems to be big enough for that ! Looking forward to the challenge. Hunted 13 a few times and had some success.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back