Caribou Gear

Unit 13A Tag (Any recommendations on guides?)

Catfish Campbell

A buddy of mine and I both drew tags for 13A deer and was wondering if there is anyone that has hired guides for this unit. We have talked to Marvin James, Clay Bundy and waiting on a call back from Mclendon Bros. Any info would be appreciated

Catfish, why don't you go check it out?... take a drive up there in late sept/oct.....check out the areas due east of Mt Trumble.to the southwest corner of 13a .. make sure your in your unit... you have a premo tag only 40 hunters

Catfish, why don't you go check it out?... take a drive up there in late sept/oct.....check out the areas due east of Mt Trumble.to the southwest corner of 13a .. make sure your in your unit... you have a premo tag only 40 hunters

Actually there are 55 tags this year. Anywhere in the 13's can be overwhelming to scout due to the size of the area and the lack of deer. The areas the deer concentrate in vary from year to year. It'll take more than a trip or two to get a handle on the unit. The big bucks could move miles and miles from an area you locate them in Sept/Oct. The does will be your best friend in the November hunt........

Thanx for the feedback and it was a hard decision between all of these guys. After many discussions we booked Alvy Johnson....can't wait for our first scouting trip! I'll try and post pics as we go.

Actually there are 55 tags this year. Anywhere in the 13's can be overwhelming to scout due to the size of the area and the lack of deer. The areas the deer concentrate in vary from year to year. It'll take more than a trip or two to get a handle on the unit. The big bucks could move miles and miles from an area you locate them in Sept/Oct. The does will be your best friend in the November hunt........

Stan I'm looking at [hunt #1019] november17th - 26th.. 40 tags [rifle hunt?]
I was just suggesting some scouting??:)
Yes it is a huge area... just puttin in my 2 cts...

Stan I'm looking at [hunt #1019] november17th - 26th.. 40 tags [rifle hunt?]

I think you are looking at last years regs. 13A runs Nov 16th-Nov 25th this year and has 55 tags. It'll be a great opportunity for all 55 hunters. I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers just passing on some current info..........;)

Yep , now I feel stupid....looking at last years regs... without the cover....Same hunt # different year.....Good tag .. Damn I hate wearing reading glasses:D

90% success in that unit last year.....thanks for getting me in the right year, I have been looking in last years regs for a week!:BLEEP:

Greeny are you joking? You should have called me... I would have drove you around until you shot a "keeper" then head west thru Mt.Trumbull and into Mesquite for some Gambling:D hump

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back