Unethical Water Sluecing !!

Moosie

Grand poopa
Here's the Deal. You're not suposed to shoot turkeys from a tree, Pheasants that hold of the ground, or ducks that land in water. Just ain't Sportsman like. I know this for a FACT because... Well "THEY" say so. Ask any of the REAL hunters. Anyways, that being said, I don't see anything wrong with it.

We had a Common Golden eye fly into our spread and was hanging out on the outskirts of the Decoys. I figured after 5 mins it would fly or come in, Hell, It bumped into the Goose decoy once. TAKE FLIGHT little guy !!

I had time to Lay the Gun over the blind, line up the bird and Let her rip. All I needed was a Scope and I'd be set. Here is the Series of events that happened and the results :

~This is a Picture of the Duck sitting in the Water. It was Staying out of the closer decoys and hanging around te Goose decoys :

11_22duck.sized.jpg

~The shot took place. Look at the Pattern. After Reviewing the picture we learned alot about the distance and the Pattern. I was sure it was gonig to tip over :

11_22duck1.sized.jpg

~Here is the duck getting up and boogying away. It was getting the freak out of dodge :

11_22duck2.sized.jpg

11_22duck3.sized.jpg

~Wylee with the Backup shot, Pellets went ALL around the Ducky :

11_22duck4.sized.jpg

11_22duck5.sized.jpg

~ It's flying as the Remainder of the BB's land. them birds ARE FAST !!!

11_22duck6.sized.jpg

11_22duck7.sized.jpg

THIS was ONE LUCKY "DUCK" Pun Intended *SMILE* !!!

Cool pics.

Look at the pics carefully and you can see a hole in your pattern, all the way around the duck.
Delw

I let my little brother sleuce on when he was up here, but it was his first waterfowl hunt. As for you, no. It is tough to kill one on the water and I wouldn't doubt if you put a pellet or two into it anyway.
frown.gif

Next time, jump up and down to flush the bird and then pop it's ass.
biggrin.gif

Do what you gotta do, but I try to stay away from it (guess that makes me much better than you
wink.gif
). There have been a few times that I stood up and yelled at the bird to fly and I just had to watch it swim out of range and then flush.
rolleyes.gif

Hell, buy a dog and send him after it to fly. My dog whines like a baby when unwanted ducks land in the decoys and I don't shoot (they make great decoys
biggrin.gif
).

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-24-2003 12:10: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

Dang... It looks like you about shot your goose decoy! All that for a stupid black and white no eat'n duck... Come on a decoy is worth a LOT more than that poor thing...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Dang... It looks like you about shot your goose decoy! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Looks like they are only Flambeau honkers anyway.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Next time, jump up and down to flush the bird <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now lets just hope he gets it on vid
wink.gif

Delw

Moosie, when they're sitting on the water, you've got to hit them in the head! You need a tight choke and small shot, I suppose turkey loads would be ideal, course I guess that wouldn't be legal. Back when I was in high school and hunted ducks a lot, we'd get our ducks in a row (pun intended) and sluice 3 or 4 at a time. That was before I became an ethical hunter
smile.gif
I wouldn't do that anymore, it's no fun, and besides, what would I do with all those ducks? Sure wouldn't want to eat them...yuck!

Moosie,

When you shoot ducks on the water the ducks vitals are acutally under the water and the heavy wings feathers sitting on top of the bird acts like armor. This is a very unethical shot. What I usually do in this situation is shoot the duck with a 30-06 loaded with 110 grain bullets. Works like a charm and is more ethical which will make you a better hunter at the end of the day. If you are a sucky shot you might want to move up to a M4 with a 30 round mag. You might also want to try tying pieces of corn onto a piece of fishing line with a small hook on the end. Have I ever told you about that use for firecrackers I found last year.....

Remember an ethical hunter sets the stage for all the world to see.

S. Fecl

See... I'm always Learning something. I thought the fishing line would work good. What pound Test would you use ? Also, does the m4 come with a 40 Round mag ? I know that 30 should do the Trick but jsut untill I get used to only 30 rounds...

You don't like Ducks ? I've been cooking the Hell out of them. I got all kind of Recipies. I use some of the Same ones that I use for the Game farm Elk I shoot
biggrin.gif

Miller, Dissin' on the Decoys ? MAN, If you didn't owe me $1,400 I'd....
tongue.gif

"NO Eatin' DUCK" ? Why shoot them then.. That would be just silly !!! Like wanting a nice rack off an elk .
elkgrin.gif

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back