Ukraine / Russia

Does anyone even care anymore or have we just excepted that we’re going to be funding the majority of Ukraine going forward for an undetermined amount of time. Another 44 billion will be heading over.🤮

WASHINGTON — The giant annual spending bill unveiled by Congress on Tuesday contains more than $44 billion in emergency aid for Ukraine, renewing the U.S. commitment to the country’s defense as Russia’s invasion grinds toward a second year.

The new wave of aid for Ukraine — billions more than President Biden requested in mid-November — comes amid growing concerns among the country’s backers about the depth of America’s support. Some Republicans have questioned the massive spending, while some progressives have called for peace talks.

The aid package consists mostly of military spending, including nearly $20 billion to arm and equip Ukraine’s forces, and to replenish Defense Department stockpiles from which weapons are being sent to Kyiv. Some of that money would also be used to bolster the defenses of America’s NATO allies to protect against further Russian aggression.

Another $6.2 billion would support a surge of U.S. forces in Eastern Europe that Mr. Biden ordered after the Russian invasion, including thousands of American troops deployed to Poland and Romania.
The “omnibus” budget bill, which includes the new Ukraine aid, funds the federal government into next year to avoid a shutdown. If Congress passes it, U.S. aid to Kyiv since Russia invaded in February will amount to more than $100 billion, allocated over four emergency spending packages. Congressional leaders hope to win approval for the spending this week.

In what was perhaps a reflection of the enormousness of the aid package and the speed at which it was assembled, Democratic and Republican appropriators differed in their calculations of the final price tag. Democrats placed the figure at just under $45 billion, and Republicans said the total exceeded $47 billion.

Does anyone even care anymore or have we just excepted that we’re going to be funding the majority of Ukraine going forward for an undetermined amount of time. Another 44 billion will be heading over.🤮

WASHINGTON — The giant annual spending bill unveiled by Congress on Tuesday contains more than $44 billion in emergency aid for Ukraine, renewing the U.S. commitment to the country’s defense as Russia’s invasion grinds toward a second year.

The new wave of aid for Ukraine — billions more than President Biden requested in mid-November — comes amid growing concerns among the country’s backers about the depth of America’s support. Some Republicans have questioned the massive spending, while some progressives have called for peace talks.

The aid package consists mostly of military spending, including nearly $20 billion to arm and equip Ukraine’s forces, and to replenish Defense Department stockpiles from which weapons are being sent to Kyiv. Some of that money would also be used to bolster the defenses of America’s NATO allies to protect against further Russian aggression.

Another $6.2 billion would support a surge of U.S. forces in Eastern Europe that Mr. Biden ordered after the Russian invasion, including thousands of American troops deployed to Poland and Romania.
The “omnibus” budget bill, which includes the new Ukraine aid, funds the federal government into next year to avoid a shutdown. If Congress passes it, U.S. aid to Kyiv since Russia invaded in February will amount to more than $100 billion, allocated over four emergency spending packages. Congressional leaders hope to win approval for the spending this week.

In what was perhaps a reflection of the enormousness of the aid package and the speed at which it was assembled, Democratic and Republican appropriators differed in their calculations of the final price tag. Democrats placed the figure at just under $45 billion, and Republicans said the total exceeded $47 billion.
Well yeah, sure is curious how our reps all seem to agree on a running tally of $100,shitton,000x more. But you know what really bothers me? Forgiving student loans is held up because a few states and individuals want to stick it to the libs.

Proxy wars ain't cheap fellas, neither or the "incursions" we've populated with our young men and treasure.

Well yeah, sure is curious how our reps all seem to agree on a running tally of $100,shitton,000x more. But you know what really bothers me? Forgiving student loans is held up because a few states and individuals want to stick it to the libs.
There is already a student loan forgiveness program. It’s called getting a job and paying it back. If you haven’t already you might look into it.

There is already a student loan forgiveness program. It’s called getting a job and paying it back. If you haven’t already you might look into it.
Likewise, cram it yourself ya dick. I am already in the loan forgiveness as a LEO. My wife is in loan forgiveness as a practitioner saving children’s lives.
You people sometimes hail us as heroes and laud praise because that doesn’t cost anything. When it comes time to pony up for something that benefits this country, well…

Last edited:
And tell those farmers to suck it up and keep farming.

Likewise, cram it yourself ya dick. I am already in the loan forgiveness as a LEO. My wife is in loan forgiveness as a practitioner saving children’s lives.
You people sometimes hail us as heroes and laud praise because that doesn’t cost anything. When it comes time to pony up for something that benefits this country, well…
Excuse me hero, I am not a you people. Save the dramatics!

And tell those farmers to suck it up and keep farming.

800 million isn’t worth stopping to pickup off the sidewalk. That’s what I have been told anyway.
That’s a much better use for it then paying for liberal arts and gender study degrees.

Back to the topic we are around 130 billion in 9 months, that’s one expensive baby.

Ignoring the humanitarian side of this, I think the folks in the Pentagon feel like they are getting more than their moneys worth out of this. They are sending decades or older weapons to Ukraine so they can see how it performs in real battle conditions and replacing it with the latest and greatest weaponry. Future spending for defense will be much more likely to go to things that actually work rather than spending that money on expensive equipment that has become obsolete with the latest and greatest drone combatants. When we are talking about an $800 billion annual defense budget figuring out a way to spend that money a little more wisely can really pay dividends in the future in my opinion.

There is a lot of garbage in that bill besides sending the powerball to Ukraine. Who the f**k cares about renaming buildings and bridges after these crooked and ridiculous people. I don’t care what side of the aisle they are on, I don’t believe any of them give a rats ass.

boy this thread sure does repeat itself about word for word every month or two.

we all have opinions on the money, the ukrainians, the russians, the europeans, and the spectacle at play.

when are people gonna realize nobody on here give rats ass about anyone's opinions on the matter anymore? no one will be swayed, nobody cares. just give it a gawddamn rest.

boy this thread sure does repeat itself about word for word every month or two.

we all have opinions on the money, the ukrainians, the russians, the europeans, and the spectacle at play.

when are people gonna realize nobody on here give rats ass about anyone's opinions on the matter anymore? just give it a gawddamn rest.
You cared enough to tell us you don’t care.

Back