NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Ukraine / Russia

• Russia's current account surplus hit $58.2 billion in the first quarter of 2022 — a three-decade high.
  • Russia's revenues oil and gas export surged while imports plunged on the back of sweeping sanctions.
  • Russia will earn $321 million from energy exports in 2022 — 36% higher on-year, per Bloomberg Economics.

Russia is still making bank on oil and NG .
The cute hashtags, puckfutin, and calling him a dodo head doesn’t change reality.
Current account surplus not a great measure of economic function.

Looking at gdp/capita, inflation, unemployment, productivity measures, supply chain shortages of key product components are much more indicative of whatever impact the sanctions will have.

Current account surplus not a great measure of economic function.

Looking at gdp/capita, inflation, unemployment, productivity measures, supply chain shortages of key product components are much more indicative of whatever impact the sanctions will have.
You just listed most, if not all the major problems the US currently has.

The issue with Biden's loss of mental acuity, which is obvious to anyone who has been around anyone with dementia is not really a personal attack against him. It's an affront to Biden that Jill and the Ds subjected him to this. They had some younger folks on the stage who might have done well, but fell back on Joe.

And, make no mistake, everyone in the world knows Biden has lost it. And it would be a disaster for him to meet with Putin. Suspect the 25th would already have been invoked except for Kamala's extreme unpopularity and kindergarten level speeches.

Dicey three years ahead.

Not sure it is. Is our govt and politics better than it was 25 years ago? I would say no. Of course lots of other stuff contribute to that, but loss of long term statesman seems to be a net negative at this point. And no real evidence there is meaningful Congress turn over driven by this.
Probably wouldn't matter anyway, there gonna find a way around it anyhow. This is a topic for an entirely different conversation.

Never have understood the Reagan worship...IMO, the guy was a total turd who couldn't even make a decent movie.
and a turncoat commie. Guy was on the blacklist and spewed. Became a repube while the heros were away at war and became the head of SAG. Ruined CA as gov.........great orator my ass.

• Russia's current account surplus hit $58.2 billion in the first quarter of 2022 — a three-decade high.
  • Russia's revenues oil and gas export surged while imports plunged on the back of sweeping sanctions.
  • Russia will earn $321 million from energy exports in 2022 — 36% higher on-year, per Bloomberg Economics.

Russia is still making bank on oil and NG .
The cute hashtags, puckfutin, and calling him a dodo head doesn’t change reality.
True. The world still runs on carbon and Russia has a lot of it. The choice is cut off Russia completely and tank the global economy or try to be selective and cut off certain individuals while minimizing the pain to the rest of the world. Some people are going to criticize either decision because that is the sport they chose to play.

The issue with Biden's loss of mental acuity, which is obvious to anyone who has been around anyone with dementia is not really a personal attack against him. It's an affront to Biden that Jill and the Ds subjected him to this. They had some younger folks on the stage who might have done well, but fell back on Joe.

And, make no mistake, everyone in the world knows Biden has lost it. And it would be a disaster for him to meet with Putin. Suspect the 25th would already have been invoked except for Kamala's extreme unpopularity and kindergarten level speeches.

And his mental capabilities or lack of them is noticed by people from both sides of the isle, as well as different ages in the recent conversations I have had with people.

And is it not just the 20/30 years olds who have noticed it and are concerned about it. People of all ages and political parties have mentioned it. Many times I have heard "why did they let him do this?" and then the next question, after he makes omissions, (that would be important to selling his agenda to the public,) as he did in his last Build Back America speech, or when he says " they wont let me" ( travel to Ukraine ) Who in the heck are "they"

The various groups I have chatted with mention Rice, Klain, Obama. In the groups I am in, it has gone past Republican vs Democrats or conservative vs liberal, it is more--someone that wasn't elected and we dont even know who---- is running the country. I hear people say, the only person that is glad he ran for President is Carter. Maybe, maybe not, but somebody should have told the gentleman to retire and enjoy his home on the beach. And, supposedly he is considering, or whoever is pulling the strings, is considering for him, another run in 2024. Maybe you fellows form Montana can talk Randy into running. It isn't like he hasn't had some experience with bickering children;)

Who in the heck are "they"
The various groups I have chatted with mention Rice, Klain, Obama
Find new groups.
The best thing a president can do is surround themself with intelligent people who can accurately inform decisions. The credit or blame ultimately falls on POTUS, but we know that having all the necessary information to make the multitude of decisions a POTUS faces on a daily basis is impossible for a single person. We can look back on the last 6 Presidents and criticize a lot of individual decisions. I would suggest looking at the people surrounding them and ask if those people had the country's best interest in mind and gave appropriate advice, which often takes years to figure out (doesn't really fit todays social-media-driven 72hr attention span). I not sure if this is good or bad, maybe both, but when we Americans vote for a president, we are as much voting for the group that surrounds them.

Find new groups.
The best thing a president can do is surround themself with intelligent people who can accurately inform decisions. The credit or blame ultimately falls on POTUS, but we know that having all the necessary information to make the multitude of decisions a POTUS faces on a daily basis is impossible for a single person. We can look back on the last 6 Presidents and criticize a lot of individual decisions. I would suggest looking at the people surrounding them and ask if those people had the country's best interest in mind and gave appropriate advice, which often takes years to figure out (doesn't really fit todays social-media-driven 72hr attention span). I not sure if this is good or bad, maybe both, but when we Americans vote for a president, we are as much voting for the group that surrounds them.
This also goes for Governors.

Find new groups.
Surrounds him--or makes ALL the decisions for him ? Would you like to believe that the platform and the man you voted for actually believes , and more importantly understands what his platform is and therefore can present it properly when given the opportunity .

We, actually prefer to have people in our group with different views, age, and political beliefs, as it gives everyone in the group, with an open mind, to look at different sides of any given discussion . Personally I enjoy and like hearing opposing views and many times it has given me a better picture pf a situation and in some cases, changed my mind after listening to others.

But being a young conservative female, I get admonished a lot and for me that is o.k. . I hope I never have a closed mind to the ideas of others

And his mental capabilities or lack of them is noticed by people from both sides of the isle, as well as different ages in the recent conversations I have had with people.

And is it not just the 20/30 years olds who have noticed it and are concerned about it. People of all ages and political parties have mentioned it. Many times I have heard "why did they let him do this?" and then the next question, after he makes omissions, (that would be important to selling his agenda to the public,) as he did in his last Build Back America speech, or when he says " they wont let me" ( travel to Ukraine ) Who in the heck are "they"

The various groups I have chatted with mention Rice, Klain, Obama. In the groups I am in, it has gone past Republican vs Democrats or conservative vs liberal, it is more--someone that wasn't elected and we dont even know who---- is running the country. I hear people say, the only person that is glad he ran for President is Carter. Maybe, maybe not, but somebody should have told the gentleman to retire and enjoy his home on the beach. And, supposedly he is considering, or whoever is pulling the strings, is considering for him, another run in 2024. Maybe you fellows form Montana can talk Randy into running. It isn't like he hasn't had some experience with bickering children;)
When we add an age cap for POTUS to the constitution (not holding my breath) I also want to add a prohibition against any brother, sister, mother, father, child or spouse (current or ex) of a former president to hold the office. No more Bushes, no more Clintons, no Obamas or Trumps, no Kennedy brothers back in the day. We have 335 million citizens, we don’t need to keep fishing from the same hole. I would also say that if defeated during a run for second term, you a done - no more Grover Clevelands.

When we add an age cap for POTUS to the constitution (not holding my breath) I also want to add a prohibition against any brother, sister, mother, father, child or spouse (current or ex) of a former president to hold the office. No more Bushes, no more Clintons, no Obamas or Trumps, no Kennedy brothers back in the day. We have 335 million citizens, we don’t need to keep fishing from the same hole. I would also say that if defeated during a run for second term, you a done - no more Grover Clevelands.

This qualifies as a pipe dream, I think.

You posed part of this this earlier, and it got me wondering, if it would require a constitutional amendment to do it. Since the constitution speaks directly to the qualifications to run for the presidency, as a non lawyer, I'd think a law adding additional restrictions could be argued to be unconstitutional.

Anyway, none of the changes will happen.

This qualifies as a pipe dream, I think.

You posed part of this this earlier, and it got me wondering, if it would require a constitutional amendment to do it. Since the constitution speaks directly to the qualifications to run for the presidency, as a non lawyer, I'd think a law adding additional restrictions could be argued to be unconstitutional.

Anyway, none of the changes will happen.

Lots of things that would be good will never happen, but one can always dream ;)

As for constitution. You can argue the constitution rules are minimum requirements that allow for further legislative requirements, but that is at best 50-50. Amendment would provide a lot more certainty.

Lots of things that would be good will never happen, but one can always dream ;)

As for constitution. You can argue the constitution rules are minimum requirements that allow for further legislative requirements, but that is at best 50-50. Amendment would provide a lot more certainty.
I think that would be a slippery slope, regardless which side you find yourself on.

I don’t want to disqualify all of hunt talk, but could we add no more billionaires to the list?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back