Caribou Gear

Ukiah Oregon deer

Rgehrke83

Hi there,
I drew a Ukiah deer tag this year in Oregon. I’ve never hunted this unit or anywhere in Oregon before. Won’t have time to scout the area a whole lot sadly. I’m expecting to see a lot of people there and I’m not asking for specific spots, but any info on the unit would be helpful. Plan on staying there for majority of the season. Thank in advance!

There will be lots of people. Its a big unit with lots of public. lots of private too. I have property in the unit directly below it. There are lots of critters but you are going to have to get deep in the unit. I have hunted that unit and Starkey next to it a lot. It has lots of different types terrain. If you are in shape, not afraid of bigfoot, then go in deep and stay there. Look for the deep pockets and canyons. Thats where you will find the deer.

There will be lots of people. Its a big unit with lots of public. lots of private too. I have property in the unit directly below it. There are lots of critters but you are going to have to get deep in the unit. I have hunted that unit and Starkey next to it a lot. It has lots of different types terrain. If you are in shape, not afraid of bigfoot, then go in deep and stay there. Look for the deep pockets and canyons. Thats where you will find the deer.

I appreciate the info sir. Will definitely have to get in deep.

I feel like I've walked from Pendleton to Mt. Vernon through that area both in/out of hunting season and like belshawelk has said there will be lots of people in there come the season but again your good news in there's lots of room for ya'll as well. Get as far off the beaten path, find water, and get out the glass. Good luck to you!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back