UK Hunter

Sikadog

I live in the UK and hunt shoot and fish, I fish for trout and salmon.
I hunt with 22.250, 243, 6.5-284, 30-06, 325wsm, and 338-06.
I also train Cockers and Labs.
hoping to learn more about US hunting.

Last edited:
Welcome to HT. What kind of big game hunting opportunities do you have over there?

Welcome aboard! Getting to be quite a few here from the U.K. Where you from? A couple of us have hunted in Devon.

Welcome form the mountains to Blighty!!! As mentioned we have a small (but growing!) gaggle of Brits keeping things interesting around here ;) I was stationed at RAF Feltwell for a bit and lived on a farm in Suffolk. Still have great friends in that area and was back last year for a muntjac on my 50th. We look forward to hearing about your exploits as well!!!!

Its a great forum you have just joined. Consider buying a preference point in MT or WY now if you are looking to hunt these states.

Based on your name i assume you hunt sika? I'm heading out sika hunting myself in the next few weeks once work settles down. Should still have antlers but not for long.

I live near a little place called Chester which is 20 mls south of Liverpool, which everyone has heard of.

I have managed to shoot at least one male, some a lot more of all six species of deer we have in the uk and if you count the Sika, Red cross I shot on the Mull of Kintyre, seven.
Started deer hunting on an invite for doing a guy a favour as his car had broken down 350 mls from home. He paid me and invited me to go deer hunting in The Highlands of Scotland FOC. I have never looked back.

I live near a little place called Chester which is 20 mls south of Liverpool, which everyone has heard of.
Wasn't too far away. Came back from Ireland on the ferry to Holyhead then took the A5 down to Cannock for the night. Can't remember if we strayed up along the coast for a bit or not, been too long!

Good to see you (sort of). I'm mostly a bird hunter but have a long history of big game too. Like you I'm a Lab man though now also have a nine year-old French Brittany. My young Lab is a fantastic pointing dog. Someone needs to tell her she's a flusher. Looking forward to some of your stories.1004191452.jpg1129181400.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back