Types of boot Soles question

undercover

Greetings, this is not a boot brand question but more of specific boot sole for high desert terrain. Season will be mid to late October, day hunting lightweight pack and hope to come out heavy. I expect dry, frost, snow and either hot warm or cold forecasts. Terrain is buttes, outcropping, gullies, and lots of sage. What type or level of sole would Cover this type of terrain. I’ve seen some complaints on super high end boots that are quite slippery on frosted/wet rocks because of the stiffness. I would imagine walking sticks would help for balance but am clueless on sole types

Thanks in advance

Brian

The Whites Boots has a sole called the Montana Claw lug sole that is I believe the first air-bob type sole that was made. It's fantastic and in my opinion it works better than any other that I have had. There are lots of other good ones out there, but this one I really like.

1598402441517.png

I wear Vibram soled Zamberlans for everything. Some soles are harder than others and as such will tend to be slicker on wet or frosty rocks. Obviously a softer sole will wear quicker. The last pair of Crispi boots I had were a softer sole.

Thanks. Boot weight is not an issue as my every day boots are timberline pro steel toes with 6-8 miles of hustle at the shop. I’ll definitely check out those whites as they seem quite intriguing. Again. I appreciate all the help

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back