Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Type 6 Engine

ELKCHSR

Fire_truck.jpg

This is the fire truck that I built a few years ago and it has seen a total of three paid fire day's because I am not one of the good old boy's, so I sold all the stuff on the top, and the guy will be using every thing as it sits for the fire season this year...
The woman in the back ground is my wife, the tall Indian is a great guy, he is 70 years old and still loves the fire line..
The guy in the back ground is this fellow here..
Chase_saw_black_face.sized.jpg

Yep, they aren't supposed to burn, they are filled with the same fibers that bullet proof vests are made from and they are also put together so as not to tear or come apart with heavy industrial use.

Six_wheeler.jpg

Heres some that I wore with Asplundh this last winter, but they were very cheap and don't hold up, plus they melt quite readily in heat...

Those ones are the ones they gave us this winter to take trees down around the power lines, we werent around fires, cept the camp fires I made all the time in the snow....

Yep, the way they are designed that when you cut thru the first layer, lots of unbreakable fibers come out and plug the saw up before you can get thru it...I will tell you what, one of the kids hit one and you have to take the whole saw apart and pull that stringy stuff out of the gears and every thing, makes a real mess...

Exactly, I have never hit myself nor my chaps. The biggest reason I see people hitting them is they get lazy (tired) and lose control. I educate all of our kids that if you cut your chaps, some one else gets the saw for awhile...

Hey Russ your always gonna be one of the good ol boys to me. As to the chaps discution, my mom made me a pair out of old levis and insulation when I was a teenager. They saved my dumb ass once or twice.

HAHAHA!!!Those would work great...I think I will have to bring that idea up at one of my meetings, I think It will go over very well, maybe not adopted. I never thought of any thing else but that which we have alway's received from a manufacturer. Thanks 2fast!!! :D
And thanks for the compliment...It is appreciated....

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back