Type 2 question

oilcan

I drew a type 2 Buck Antelope Tag, I’ve got a couple places to hunt along with several walk in areas in the unit so that’s not an issue. All my experience has been in October so the early dates Aug-15 to sept 19 will be new. Besides the obvious hotter weather and no rut what should I expect ? Will they be more scattered ? Will the Bucks be off by themselves ? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

By early Sept the bucks should be with doe groups but not chasing. In Aug they may be still off alone but probably with their harem, bedded nearby watching.
Been a while since I hunted that early other than sitting a blind, water may be key in Aug.

Nevada archery seasons open August 1st. Rifle hunts open August 22nd. The doe hunts are in September.

Early in the season the older bucks are alone and young bucks are in bachelor groups. As the rifle season opens, smaller bucks begin to mingle with the doe groups with the older bucks on the outskirts.

By the time the September 8 doe opener, the mature bucks are starting their pre rut and gathering their herems.

At least that has been my experience here in Central Nevada.

With only 25 tags it should be fun I’ll be there around September 1.
Thanks for the info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back