Two hours left

kylemcintyre67

of work, spring break all next week. Heading out in the morning to look for pigs on public land in Oklahoma. I will let you all know if I find some.

Reactions: LCH
Have fun, I'm expecting some okies up here in Idaho next week, I've got kids and grandkids that live there. I really need to get back for deer season one year.

Well I found a bunch of sign especially in the hard to get to areas I was targeting. Never did see any actual pigs. Got some good info for deer season from a guy I ran into one day and saw a lot of deer everywhere I went. Nice week walking around the woods overall.20190318_164554.jpg20190321_072559.jpg20190321_081612.jpg

They have a fair number of wildlife management areas including the Three Rivers/ Honobia Creek WMA that is over 200,000 acres of timber company land with the state leasing hunting access. I hunted deer over there this past fall, and then went in to check out this area for pigs during my spring break. Part of the reason for the trip was scouting for deer this year. The area I was in this time around is a lot closer to my friend's house. Some of the WMAs are smallish and I can see how they would be crowded during deer season. I was able to talk to a local and identified some hard to get to areas that have been untouched for a few years. I am currently looking at canoes and kayaks as a possible method for accessing those areas quickly and relatively quiet. Most of the spots I was trying to find pigs were pretty well overgrown and difficult to move in. I didn't run into any other hunters this trip since turkey season wasn't open yet. On Sunday afternoon there were some horse folks out riding but that is the extent of people I saw on the properties.

Back