Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Turner now owns BLM in the bear trap?

montanza

I tried finding information about this online but came up with nothing. These two parcels were public as of last year as far as I know and now turner owns it. Was there a land swap, or a sale? These two pieces have had ALOT of public use in the past and I can’t imagine no one knows about this.

Attachments

• ACFD32FF-340E-4ADE-9B93-9EA1B68DCB9C.jpeg
    ACFD32FF-340E-4ADE-9B93-9EA1B68DCB9C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 106
  • 9ECA27DA-BFB5-43EB-B834-96617C6D8E30.jpeg
    9ECA27DA-BFB5-43EB-B834-96617C6D8E30.jpeg
    977 KB · Views: 106
As far as I know non of the BLM is fenced up there. That section has always had a gate on that one corner. Going back say 15 years or so since I've been going up there

There used to be a green gate/overhead sign in the SW corner of section 11 just as it goes up the canyon, for as long as I can remember. I think the posts may have burned up a few years ago though. That section has been part of the ranch for as long as I can remember 30+ years ago. I'm not sure about the smaller "L" shaped parcel. Going off memory, there was some land swaps back in the 90's with the state and Turner, but could have included some BLM as well. I remember a parcel along Bear Trap creek that was swapped, but don't recall if it was State or BLM. In the swap, the state got like 2:1 as I recall including a bunch of private that was in the Snow Crest Range... over by his other big ranch.

What are you basing your assumption on for ownership? OnX? Looking at the MT Cadastral, the entire ranch seems to have been re-recorded in 2020, so maybe the basemap you were looking at was updated?

... some land swaps back in the 90's with the state and Turner, but could have included some BLM as well.
As I remember, those were landlocked state sections which Turner swapped for parcels up near Ulm which became the First Peoples' Pishkun state park. I don't recall any federal land being part of that swap.

I tried finding information about this online but came up with nothing. These two parcels were public as of last year as far as I know and now turner owns it. Was there a land swap, or a sale? These two pieces have had ALOT of public use in the past and I can’t imagine no one knows about this.
I work for the BLM office that manages this area. As far as I can find out your mistaken

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back