NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Turkey Target

No problem Greg,yea I just printed out about 15 of them and wasted a couple in the back yard.Not very happy with the pellet count in the head area so gotta get a new load,going to try some of my dads shells to see if that will bring it in a bit better.Only got about 8-10 pellets in the head area from 30 yards.So back to the drawing board.

Kraven,

Just a thought, I got tired of turkeys walking through my pattern years ago and started playing with every load I could find. Finaly I decided on the load that I've shot for over 10 years now. Its going to sound kinda weird but I shoot a 3" 2oz load of copper plated 7 1/2's through a xxfull choke and have not lost a bird or missed one in that 10 years. From 10 yards to 45 yards it just kills them dead and will fill in the holes in your pattern.
I buy them from Cabelas, as that is the only place that I can find them ready made. You should try this load, I think you will be suprized at how affective it is. I shot 3 shots last year and killed 3 turkeys from 18 yards to 35 yards and there was no question about performance.

Good luck in your quest to find the load you like.

Dic

Thanks for the info guy's!!!
biggrin.gif

Back