Caribou Gear

turkey season opens today

tnctcb

seldom do i make it home for opening day of anything but this year im getting lucky twice.i was home for deer season and right now its 4:30 am and im heading out the door for opening day of spring gobbler. this will be my first season on my own but i think this thing might get addicting.i saw a big tom during bow season and plenty of hens are still hanging around. im going to try to get him but ive got 10 days so if anyone has any tips im all ears.

Good luck. I know you can spot'em.
smile.gif

well it was pretty warm when i left so i went with no jacket only a long sleeve shirt. the turkey tracks were everywhere. just about daylight it started raining golfball size drops and they were ice cold.i ran about a half mile back to my truck and i lost both my strikers in the process. hell with it i went home. ive got 9 days left though, and now i get a trip to bass pro shops and mommas got the credit card warmed up
cool.gif
cool.gif

Just another adventure we experience while in the outdoors.
biggrin.gif

Maybe your next trip will be the lucky one, what do ya think?

Hope you get out again tomorrow and nail the big one right in the face.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

My friend Bill M started hunting today also down there. I wonder if he is close to your area? He is in the northern part of Fla around the panhandle I think.

nut im in north florida too. im on the east corner in jacksonville what is considered the panhandle starts about 2 hours from me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back