Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Turkey Season 2020

Birddog916

I, along with a few friends, sought social distance in the turkey woods over the weekend and were rewarded with 7 birds for 5 hunters over the weekend. In California we are allowed 3 birds in the spring. There was a lot of banging going on for the first 2 days of the California Turkey season. I hunted public land off my mountain bike on Saturday and private land on Sunday, both days were filled with gobbling birds for most of the morning. Gobbles tapered off at about noon both days. I'd have to say the turkey hunting in California rivals most other states I have hunted in and is a great little secret we have. Most of our birds are Rio Grandes and were transplanted here in the 80's. Populations have really taken off, and we are lucky to have so many now. Here are a few photos and a video from the weekend. It will be one for the ages that's for sure. Looks like I'll have turkey chile verde and carnitas in my near future. Good luck to everyone this spring.

1585583360504.jpeg
1585583441666.jpeg
1585583549535.jpeg
1585583659156.jpeg

Great story, great hunt, great use of the bike! And isn't "High Life" still one of the best beer branding names ever, makes me want one, or a few right now, and its probably five o'clock somewhere, over in the middle east or somewhere!

Great story, great hunt, great use of the bike! And isn't "High Life" still one of the best beer branding names ever, makes me want one, or a few right now, and its probably five o'clock somewhere, over in the middle east or somewhere!
It's the High Life for this low life! My favorite cheap beer. Don't get me wrong I love a west coast IPA just as much as any Californian, but an ice cold highlife is hard to beat.

Awesome!! Youth opens this weekend here in VA. Can’t wait to get my son his first bird.

The more I hunt with my crossbow, the more I know how hard it is to seal the deal on a turkey. Congratulations to you and your buddy

That is awesome. I wish California wasn't so far away would love to hunt turkeys there once.

Hey Kansasdad just set a blind over the feeder makes it real easy lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back