Turkey Loads

I couldn’t even remember what I was shooting. A 10 box of turkey ammo usually lasts me 3-4 years. I have a whole of odds and ends in my vest that I have used and all pattern good in my Remington 870 12 gauge but the most common shell in my vest looks like 3” Winchester double x magnum 2 oz 4 shot. I have a box of Federal 3” 1 3/4 oz 5-6-7 shot mix that my dad gave me I might try this year.

I always have to pattern because my gun shoots high for some reason. Missed so many birds in about three days at 30 yards and under I had juts ran after one once I was out of ammo. Luckily I found the sweet spot which was aiming at the bottom of their stomach at around 35-40 yards and then I had two down in an hour.

image0 (3).jpeg
Federal TSS #9 out of a 410 Stevens 301 turkey. left is 15 yards. Right is 50 yards.

I tried patterning my gun again this year and I have to aim about a foot or more below the waddles and around 8 inches to the left in order to have my group on the turkeys head at around 30-40 yards. Anyone else have this issue?

Back