Caribou Gear Tarp

Turkey Contest Part II

Mountain Boomer

The deadline is almost here so hurry and enter if you would like to participate.

1. Must be a registered member of Hunt Talk.

2. Length of beard plus the length of both spurs will determine winner.

3. Measurements will be on the honor system.

4. You can enter one bird.

5. Pictures of the turkey must be posted. If you don't have access to a scanner you can send me a picture and I will post it. (If it is bigger than mine, it may get lost in the mail...
smile.gif

6. Winner takes all!!! (In case of a tie, the first bird entered wins.)

As for as the measurements, measure the beard from the base to the end of the beard. On the spurs, draw an imaginary line down the edge of the leg and measure from the line to the tip of the spur on the outside of the leg. Just like measuring a whitetail's G2s and so on.

The winner will also receive two mouth calls donated by Arkie55.

[This message has been edited by Mountain Boomer (edited 03-02-2001).]

Here is a list of the people who I have received there dollars as of 2/21/01:

RiverRat
Chambo
Trapperjer1
JB Florida
Moosie
Wylie
DKO
Kirkl
Boomer

Here is a List of people who has said they are sending a dollar:

ShadowRider
Canadian Turkey Hunter
J.IV

Deerslayer & Timberman, Did you guys ever say if you were going to enter? I know you showed some interest but I couldn't find if you were going to enter. Just let me know.

It looks like there is going to be around $12-$15 dollars and two mouth calls for the winner. Not tooooo shabby...
biggrin.gif

Boomer

CTH, Should I hold them dogs down here until the contest is over to ship your winnings back w/ them????
smile.gif

Wyote, thanks far your entry. I will post it when it arrives.

I received the calls that Arkie55 donated yesterday in the mail. Let me tell you the winner is going to get two very good mouth calls. He sent me one to try out and it is the best mouth call I beleave I have ever used. It is extreamly easy to use compaired to alot of mouth calls. It also has great sound and is very comfortable in my mouth. Some mouth calls will gag me and I have to trimm it and that makes the edges all rough and harder to use in my opinion. No trimming needed far this one. His son makes a great call.

Boomer

------------------
rabbit2.gif

Boomer,
I finally found that dollar bill with Clinton's picture on it. I'm sending him back to Arkansas for you boys to keep.
wink.gif
The check is in the mail.
If you put my money on that dog sled and send it back to Canuck land, you better do it at night cause I don't take kindly to my money leaving the country. Besides, CTH hasn't got a chance of winning. I hear it's so cold up there that all the turkey beards freeze and fall off.
biggrin.gif
SR

Adding a couple of names to the list:

Shadowrider
wyote
J.IV
RiverRat
Chambo
Trapperjer1
JB Florida
Moosie
Wylie
DKO
Kirkl
Boomer

Looks like we are just waiting on the dogsled. It also appears there will be $13 and two calls two the winner.

Shadow, your dollar is getting friendly w/ the others.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Mountain Boomer (edited 02-27-2001).]

Droptine, I'll be waiting and will let you know when I receive it.

CTH, The dog sled has arrived. I can't figure out how you are going to win w/ a rio when I am going to win w/ an eastern...
confused.gif

List as of 02/28/01:

Canadian Turkey Hunter
Shadowrider
wyote
J.IV
RiverRat
Chambo
Trapperjer1
JB Florida
Moosie
Wylie
DKO
Kirkl
Boomer

Here is the final list:

Droptine
Canadian Turkey Hunter
Shadowrider
wyote
J.IV
RiverRat
Chambo
Trapperjer1
JB Florida
Moosie
Wylie
DKO
Kirkl
Boomer

Good Luck to all!!

CTH,
One or two? The limit is four. I have six eating corn and milo by the bucket fulls and have lead weights tied to their beards. I don't believe in cheatin, just giving those ole toms every chance I can, to grow!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
SR

i would like to wish everyone in the contest and not in the contest the very best of luck! this spring season.I hope we all get to experience the magical allure of turkey hunting and witness mother nature at its best
biggrin.gif
,nothing better than a pissed off horny gobbler!

GOOD LUCK ALL!!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back