Turkey Challenge!

Mountain Boomer

OK here is a tentative set of rules for the challenge. If anyone sees something that needs to be changed or added post it.

1. Must be a registered member of Hunt Talk.
2. Length of beard plus the length of both spurs will determine winner.
3. Measurements will be on the honor system.
4. $1.00 entry fee will be mailed to someone to hold the money. (Any volunteers or nominations?)
5.All entry fees must be post marked by February 28.
6. Pictures of the turkey must be posted. If you don't have access to a scanner you can send me an e-mail and I will give you my snail mail address so you can mail me a picture and I will post it. (If it is bigger than mine, it may get lost in the mail...
smile.gif
)
7. Winner takes all!!!

What do you guys think?

[This message has been edited by Mountain Boomer (edited 12-19-2000).]

Sounds great Boomer!...I have a whole file of big beards and spurs....I'm sure to be a lock!
DS

Mountain Boomer, cant wait till spring count me in ,just let me know where to send my entry fee!?!

------------------
"in the Spring we Strut and in the Fall we Rut"

gator1.gif

Boomer,
Sounds good to me. Keep it simple. Better have a little lesson in how to measure both beards and spurs so we all measure the same way.
You are doin a GREAT job, so I nominate YOU!Do I hear a second? All in favor?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
SR

OK, I guess I will hold the money. You can send it to me at:

Marc Tilley
290 Hwy. 225 West
Greenbrier, AR 72058

Please write your forum handle on a peice of paper and enclose a dollar in the envelope w/ it. I will post the names as I receive them. Lets tell every one we know and make this worth while and have some fun!

As for as the measurements, measure the beard from the base to the end of the beard. On the spurs, draw an imaginary line down the edge of the leg and measure from the line to the tip of the spur. Just like you score a whitetail's G2s and so on.

MB

But there ain't no turkeys OR elk in the desert!!!!!!hehhe

------------------
"Keepin' 'em in the black"
"Coalition, Strong, Proud, and Growing"

Count me in... make sure this posts comes back up by Turkey season or start a new one..... Once the Season gets closer post the entry names on the board!!!!!

D.S. ......No Pre 2001 birds!!!
wink.gif

BigD
Don't let that stop ya! Heck, go ahead and enter a couple of times and we will hold you in high esteem!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

(If you do, I know of ONE turkey in the desert, hehe) SR

UPDATE!!

BOOMER & DKO ARE IN THE CONTEST! DKO APPARANTLY HAS ONE TIED TO A TREE. THE REST OF YOU BETTER GET BUSY!!

List as of 1/10/01.
DKO
Boomer

Youll have SNAIL MAIL SOON......
biggrin.gif
I don't visit this area much but will soon!!! I got AWSOME deals on Hunting Vests and calls and such.. Will post more later...If ya haven't got any yet, Give me 2 weeks...
biggrin.gif

back to the top!!!!
MB,i think the thought of winning all that money has gottem all nervous, we have a whole 2 bucks up for grabs!

come on folks the winner has to a least be able to buy a six pack!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8e353.gif.orig.gif

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back